Memories to share of my friend whos gone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]THE TALE OF A POT BELLY PIG AND HIS LITTLE KITTY FRIEND [/SIZE]

As I sit here this morning sipping my coffee thinking of those things that make me smile and even chuckle some.

I remember that day when the Great and Mighty Pork knew he had to protect and defend at all cost. For that vicious and silly kitty one more time was stalking us. Oh! He couldn't let that happen again. But just then the Kitty turned and jumped at him and showed his bravado. For such a tiny little guy he thought he was the greatest of Lions. It was his duty to put the Great and Mighty Pork in his place.

Now! The Great and Mighty Pork would no longer stand for this blatent lack of respect, he must chase this lion and when he caught him it would be an all out war. Soon they were off, The Pork was chasing the Lion and would hunt him down where he chose to hide. Under the couch, The Pork could wait as long as it took. Soon he would come out and the chase was on. Into the bedroom, circle thru the bathroom around the next corner and back into the living room. But the Lion had tricks of his own, he could go under the couch at one end and while The Great and Mighty Pork was waiting and watching, he could sneak out the other end, quietly stalking his prey, leap into the air and attack the Great and Mighty Pork from behind. With speed and agility he could then make his get away. But The Pork was right on his tail running as fast as he could to catch the Lion. The Lion would run back into the living room, jump up on the big Rock (foot stool) and wait, he was a bit surprised however, when The Great and Mighty Pork calmly walked up and ever so gently got ahold of his tail and proceeded to drag him down from that rock. How indignant the Lion felt.

The once again the room would be very quiet. I would look over and there they would be the prey and the hunter, The Great and Mighty Pork was stretched out sleeping on the floor and the Lion was curled up as tight to him as he could get. Content to be in each others company, the very best of friends.

Who knew that a small little kitty and a pot belly pig could be such close friends. They were the best of friends and enjoyed each others company until the day that the Lion passed away unexpectedly. Even with piggies it is hard to replace the one they have lost for the kitty held a very special place in his heart.

I just wanted to share a very short moment I was able to enjoy in Shorty's life. One of so many that I am able to now look back on and smile. I still miss him alot but my memories will always be with me. I feel that he and his kitty are now having a wonderful time together at the Rainbow Bridge and I'm sure they have made new friends.

What a beautifully fun story, I smiled the whole time I read it. I had to think of our boxer and pug who love each other like that. Thank you for sharing your memory, it made me think of mine.

I smiled reading your Piggy story. We were owned by Pearl for 9 long years. She was such a snort to have in our lives and sweet. The neighbor kids would drop in "Just to see the piggy" They are a neat pet and so very smart!

What a beautifully told, wonderful story - thank you for sharing with us.

Anna

thank you for your comments. Shorty was a good pig. Got along with the dogs, horses, but kitties were very very special to him. He was definitely the best.

What a neat story!

I can feel how much you loved little Shorty! I think pot bellied pigs are just the BEST!!

We so loved our Pudgy - she loved to be with us and would play endlessly with our cats and dogs. We had a hammock swing on our porch and Pudgy loved to crawl up in that and swing.

One day "thinking" Pudgy might be lonesome for the company of another pot belly we rescued Bacon. I couldn't believe it - Pudgy wanted nothing to do with Bacon - they learned to tolerate each other but Pudgy still preferred the company of people, cats and dogs.

Of course as we all know - time passes and pigs don't last forever - we felt so bad when both of them were gone.

One day I went with a friend of mine to look at goats and there was a newborn litter of pot bellys - of course one looked exactly like my Pudgy so - how could I resist?

Pudgy 2 now resides in our home - she is also very smart and does tricks -

I'm sorry your little Shorty is gone - I can tell he was very much loved - thank goodness we have so many good memories of our pets.

Couldn't resist - here is a picture of my Pudgy2

Pudgy.jpg

This is Miss Piggy with Niklaus. I sent this picture to his friends saying it was his new girl friend. He just laughed. Nik passed away in 2008 and I no longer have Miss Piggy, But I still have Porky, my black pig, and he helps me everyday with chores. I don't know what I would do without his help.
Aug14047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing that - it bought a big smile to my face reading it!

Just goes to show you our treasures aren't always shiny - they also meow, snort, whinny and bark
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back