Measurement issue with a purchase

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I suggest you call the AMHR office and see what you all need to do other countries have managed to get some funds together and get it done I am sure with some hard work and dedication you can get it done to

Well I suggest you call the AMHR office and see what you all need to do other countries have managed to get some funds together and get it done I am sure with some hard work and dedication you can get it done to

Thanks ! i hope so, it would be really great for a lot of us. I will be at the ICAMH show in the spring, i will sit down and have a talk about what needs to be done.

I agree a horse can measure a BIT different...but come-ON...3 or four INCHES...Good Grief!
As far as I am concerned...in an instance like this, it should not be "buyer beware" at all...the seller signed that transfer, and whatever that height that was on that paper, should BE the height of that horse. PERIOD!

We allow far too many "mistakes" to be made by sellers, from what I am always reading here. Perhaps it is time we expected them to be as honest as they shoud be...as I and most other breeders and sellers do strive to be.

This is something that affects us all, and to simply pass it off as another "oh well, so and so got scre$#& over...tsk-tsk...buyer beware...

Meanwhile the seller is home counting their money...
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_wacko.png

THIS! ^^ I so agree! I know that measurements can vary a bit from person to person, and time to time, but not by several inches.
default_wacko.png

I have a friend who bought a foal, and asked specifically if the horse's legs were straight. The answer from the seller was "yes, the legs are straight". Um, they aren't.
default_sad.png
Her farrier says that there is nothing that can be done. This isn't right.
default_no.gif
Sure, a buyer should get pictures of the horse from all directions, but what if the seller sets the horse up by hand to make it look straight when it isn't? The horse *must* be as represented.

Been there, done that!
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
Bought a 27" stallion......NOT!!!! He got off transport measuring 29.
default_sad.png
default_no.gif

The height thing really is important in this business.

So come on people......lets be honest!

People talk.........your reputation is at stake.

I agree totally !!! I just had a similar thing happen to me. But not only was my purchased mare taller then I was told but when she arrived she was over 35" and registered AMHA. I didn't purchase an AMHR mare I purchased an AMHA that was sold to me as 31". I'm still trying to get this worked out but the seller has fought me through the whole thing claiming her height was 33.75" which they had listed on her AMHA paperwork when I received it but they never mentioned that height anytime while I was purchasing her. I was told she was 31". They finally just took her back about three weeks ago and said they would take pictures with witnesses and video it... I was told if she measured under 34" I'd be responsible for paying her return shipping costs. Well Guess what !!! They verbally told me they measured her at 34" and a little under... No pictures, no witnesses and no video. I was told that they would get a AMHA director to come and measure her. I heard through the grapevine that this breeder was good friends with their local directors so I insisted on having my own witness there for that measurement. The breeder ignored me each time I tried to contact them about when the measurement date was.

Finally I sent one last email asking them if they were going to just STEAL MY MONEY and that I'd heard they've done this to others and I got an abrupt response saying " I WAS FULL OF CRAP" and my check would be in the mail.

I had presented them with witnesses and pictures of my measurements as soon as the mare had arrived.

I lost alot of money in this... I had to pay board while paying on the mare which I lost, Shipping costs to ship her to me plus I had purchased 2 mares and had gotten a multi horse discount price so they are deducting $1000 from my refund because they are saying since I sent her back the purchase changed to a one horse purchase and I loose the discount on the mare I'm keeping.

Really a bad deal !

I do not appreciate dishonest breeders.

I will NEVER do business with that breeder again and they are WELL KNOWN !!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there, done that!
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
Bought a 27" stallion......NOT!!!! He got off transport measuring 29.
default_sad.png
default_no.gif

The height thing really is important in this business.

So come on people......lets be honest!

People talk.........your reputation is at stake.

I agree totally !!! I just had a similar thing happen to me. But not only was my purchased mare taller then I was told but when she arrived she was over 35" and registered AMHA. I didn't purchase an AMHR mare I purchased an AMHA that was sold to me as 31". I'm still trying to get this worked out but the seller has fought me through the whole thing claiming her height was 33.75" which they had listed on her AMHA paperwork when I received it but they never mentioned that height anytime while I was purchasing her. I was told she was 31". They finally just took her back about three weeks ago and said they would take pictures with witnesses and video it... I was told if she measured under 34" I'd be responsible for paying her return shipping costs. Well Guess what !!! They verbally told me they measured her at 34" and a little under... No pictures, no witnesses and no video. I was told that they would get a AMHA director to come and measure her. I heard through the grapevine that this breeder was good friends with their local directors so I insisted on having my own witness there for that measurement. The breeder ignored me each time I tried to contact them about when the measurement date was.

Finally I sent one last email asking them if they were going to just STEAL MY MONEY and that I'd heard they've done this to others and I got an abrupt response saying " I WAS FULL OF CRAP" and my check would be in the mail.

I had presented them with witnesses and pictures of my measurements as soon as the mare had arrived.

I lost alot of money in this... I had to pay board while paying on the mare which I lost, Shipping costs to ship her to me plus I had purchased 2 mares and had gotten a multi horse discount price so they are deducting $1000 from my refund because they are saying since I sent her back the purchase changed to a one horse purchase and I loose the discount on the mare I'm keeping.

Really a bad deal !

I do not appreciate dishonest breeders.

I will NEVER do business with that breeder again and they are WELL KNOWN !!!.
How sickening is that! I hate hearing horror stories like yours. Being "palsy" with the local directors and judges is a whole other story. Makes you start to wonder who you trust.

I have a few breeder names that I won't be bothered with. If you are in a business of any kind "put your best foot forward" and become known for you integrity.

Latest posts

Back