Maybe this has been answered before

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

How many horses were entered at the World show?

I'm not sure Lisa.

I was told that they hoped for 9??, but got less than that...

Can anyone else with direct knowledge answer Lisa's question?

Va Lynda Ann

I was told there were around 840 horses at the AMHA World Show. Not even half of what was at the AMHR Mini Nationals.

Karen S said:
I was told there were around 840 horses at the AMHA World Show. Not even half of what was at the AMHR Mini Nationals.
483860[/snapback]

And because I know some people are thinking "yah, because of the B division horses" the class sizes from what I saw on the results were DRAMATICALLY smaller at the AMHA Worlds compared to the AMHR Nationals (which I know we've "discussed" on another thread but it has a place on this one as well).

rolleyes.gif

If you pull up both shows and compare entries from AMHR A division to AMHA the

numbers are way less. [i checked}! Linda B
yes.gif

rolleyes.gif

If you pull up both shows and compare entries from AMHR A division to AMHA the

numbers are way less. [i checked}! Linda B
yes.gif

heres what i was told at the show. I was told approx 890 by amha. and i was told by someone else that they counted same horses entered multiple times. So they said there were actually about 600 horses measured in. This seems about right to me as I saw the measuring sheets but I dont know for sure.

kay

According to the records in the Show Office, there were 1068 horses entered in the show when it opened, but there were approximately thirty scratches, some because of the storms in southeast Texas and LA. There were 1200 stalls sold, many of which were tack stalls or display stalls, but also many stalls had two horses in them, so I believe that the numbers that are being tossed about in this thread are incorrect. My facts came directly from the computer program that tracked the number of horses entered and the entries. I did not ask the number of entries.

the numbers i was given are definately not fact
smile.gif
just what i was told when i was there

edited because it didn't answer the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys was just wondering.. Kay those numbers somehow seem about right actually with the amount in classes I was actually wondering not to compare to AMHR but to compare to how many last year per class

To remember you need to qualify by points. No points no entry. I think that makes a big difference too.

Once again we must compare....

AMHA Worlds was an awesome show! The quality of horses was unbelievable. AMHA and AMHR are incomparable in my mind. You have to qualify for one, there are different height divisions, the cost of entering is different, ect. There are so many variables and I personally am sick of seeing AMHA shot down on this board. And I am not just talking about this thread or any ceratin person but just in general.

i do agree that the difference in having to qualify is huge between amha and amhr. No doubt this is going to affect the number of entries. And the horses I saw at AMHA world show were indeed goregeous no doubt about it.

I do however think LIsa was just asking a simple question and was not at all putting down amha.

I guess I bristle a little, too, when some of the posts definitely get a little "competitive" as they do, between the two, when there is quite a difference.

Lisa asked her question w/out any qualification, nor any hint that she was implying anything at all.

yes, there are great differences between the two shows, but I did hear from some exhibitors that they felt the actual number of horses showing was down a little bit for whatever reason.

I LOVE AMHA and AMHR and both of their shows. Never been to an AMHR Nationals, but I loved attending the AMHA Nationals, it is amazing to watch and shop there and visit!

Does anyone know the comparative numbers of horses shown from this year to say last year?

Liz M.

Boy why so defensive? I wasnt comparing at all either show I simply asked how many horses were there no more no less...

And then even explained WHY I ASKED i was wondering what the numbers of ACTUAL HORSES SHOWN was compared to Last year no more no less

your right.. I guess being that I am not an AMHA member anymore I apparantly have no right to ask .... sigh

Lisa I am not sure that poster was directing at you, it looked to me they were more upset with other comments made... Just trying to help...

I don't show R at all, as I like my A horses and shows, and I have to agree, this board does shoot A down a bunch, but that's okay, everyone has/is entitleled to an opinion... I just like mine.
biggrin.gif

spotted pony girl said:
Lisa I am not sure that poster was directing at you, it looked to me they were more upset with other comments made... Just trying to help...
I don't show R at all, as I like my A horses and shows, and I have to agree, this board does shoot A down a bunch, but that's okay, everyone has/is entitleled to an opinion... I just like mine.
biggrin.gif

484219[/snapback]

Ok i will agree that perhaps.. I am being a bit to sensitive
wacko.gif
hormones i guess
rolleyes.gif

ooops thought this was another topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa,

Your question wasnt a comparison question at all. It became that way in a few of the replies and so I think people were just trying to justify why there is less in the A JMO. For some reason it always becomes that way a comparison of the two. We show both, Nationals and Worlds. Great shows great people! Awsome horses.

Back