Maybe, maybe not expecting HMM guessing game UPDATE FOAL IS HERE !!pg11

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry no pictures
default_blush.png
DH hasn't got my picture stuff on this computer yet. The nasty flu bug has been running through the whole family.

Dolly's teats are pointing down but still not making a bag. She feels more thin down her back. She is still the only one that is shedding. She is being real lovey as long as I don't rub her belly. I bet she has it the second week of April. The reason I say that is my husband has a business trip and will be away that whole week. That seems like how my life rolls I will be here alone and this will be my first foaling. yikes ! I will need my
default_pantiesbig.gif
for sure if that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you laughing Diane
default_smile.png
I tell you what Dolly is small enough for me to sneak and ship Fedex to you till after she foals.
default_yes.gif

Kidding aside I have decided to get my Kickapoo colt gelded in April. I don't want to do any breeding. These 2 girls I bought already breed has been enough for me.
default_smile.png
I am sure I will fall head over heels for the wee ones once they arrive but all this worry is rough. I will let you all more experienced deal with prego gals then I will buy them once weaned.
default_yes.gif

default_smile.png
I will take you up on that Diane. When I go to buy again but I don't plan on adding to my herd any time soon. I just know once these 2 foals arrive I will want to keep both.
default_smile.png

I agree Eagle I worry so much for my girls and will be happy when both have foaled. I just want to have fun with them and enjoy them.
default_smile.png
I was not over excited they were breed when I bought them but this has been a good learning experience for me to see I don't want to breed any.

So far Dolly is keeping her legs crossed for me.
default_smile.png
Hubby will be home Friday. This morning Dolly did have 2 loose poo piles in her stall ! Still not bagging up. I wonder if she is one of those that bags up once in labor. That would be my luck.
default_smile.png
How far ahead do they usually get loose poo's ? Last week a couple of times she did not finish her meal but so far this week she has but is much slower at cleaning it up. I will get some pictures here in a little bit when I head to the barn to turn everyone out.
default_smile.png

Snapped a few new pictures of Dolly.

Dollybackside4-9-13.jpg

Dolly4-9-13.jpg

Dollyside4-9-13.jpg

DollyWhowho4-9-13.jpg

No foal yet but I got this little wee one. Sadly we lost his Momma and I am bottle feeding him. He sure is keeping me busy.
default_smile.png

OrphanBuck.jpg

He is so curious. Now to figure out a name for the little tike.

WhatAreU.jpg

A few of my other barn yard critters.

MyBarnYard.jpg

default_thumbup.gif
She is coming along just wonderfully. Thanks for sharing you animals with us
default_smile.png
Sorry to hear that you lost mummy goat
default_sad.png
Baby is just adorable. Baby goats are the coolest animals on the earth, they give you hours of entertainment.

Cow patties usual come just before foaling as they empty out their systems, it can happen during pregnancy with some mares but ti isn't anything to worry about as long as they drink enough. They can lose their appetites if the foal is putting pressure on their tummies. Make sure she eats little and often.
default_smile.png

She is doing great!!! Beautiful and rich color -- so pretty with that mane and tail color!

Sorry baby goat lost his mommie -- but my children ALWAYS bottle fed the baby goats -- they just loved it! But, I'm sure it's keeping you busy!

LOVE the pictures of all your animals! What a gorgeous menagerie!

Looking good. Still love her colouring, she''s gorgeous. You''re other animal photos are awesome! You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Thanks Gals
default_smile.png
When I bought Dolly I actually had my eye on another mare the Gentleman had for sale but soon changed my mind and bought Dolly instead.
default_smile.png
She is registered as a gray ? I can't wait to see her foal. This morning while Dolly was eating her breakfast her foal was doing some boxing in there. It was kicking so hard her whole belly was moving looked like someone was punching her. I was giving the foal a good talking to that it needs to show its self soon and stop kicking momma so hard. I did the nail and string thing over her hip area awhile ago it says there is a colt in there. I need to try it again and see if it says the same.
default_smile.png

Lol ! When I looked at the picture this morning of all my critters. It made me think of the Island of misfits from the Rudolph Christmas cartoon. lol !

The island of misfits...
default_new_rofl.gif
I totally get what you're saying. We call our place "Reject Ranch"! We have some well bred animals, but they were all free except one rescue. Wait, we did pay for the two goldfish...
default_biggrin.png

HEHE ! Reject Ranch is cute..I like that... We have such a mixture fixture of critters here several were rescues. I swear people drive by are place and I guess because of the variety of critters think hmm this looks like a good place to dump are unwanted critter. I can't tell you how many dogs an cats I have rehomed. It is crazy ! I even had a chicken show up, a nanny goat and a stray duck.
default_doh.gif
I get people asking me all the time they have this critter or that could I take it...
default_frusty.gif
A few of those criiter was a baby robin I hand feed and turned loose. It actually was pretty cool little bird. I bottle feed a litter of kitties. The momma disappeared on the lady. Then we have bottle feed many fawns. For many reason one my neighbor had a permit to shot deer that were getting in his garden. Yep he shot a Momma.
default_frusty.gif
Another fawn was found in a creek almost dead another was found by a friend running down a road with its momma laying in the ditch hit by a car another one was hit by a car and the person brought it to me !.. The last critter I was asked to take was a baby squirrel ! I had to turn them down as I have my hands full right now with the bottle kid plus my dog is having health issues and is on bed rest due to his back. He has to be kept still and taking out to pee on a leash for another week yet. Thank goodness my daughter found a home for the squirrel with a lady that had experience with such a critter because I know I would have caved if a home wasn't found. My husband says I am to much a softy.

How's all the critters going over there? Got any more photos of Dolly that you desperately want to upload for us?
default_smile.png

Always makes me nervous when people disappear for a few days! Praying all is is well.
default_pray.gif

Sorry all is well here. Just been crazy busy with cleaning up outside and getting ready for summer. Dolly is doing well. She is looking very prego now and has a bit more udder. She is getting a little grumpy lately about me checking her udders and whowho. She also is rubbing her beehind. I have been getting up through the night now and checking her on the camera. Hubby thinks foal will arrive next week its full moon ! I guess we will see.
default_smile.png
I will snap some pics here later today when I go up to the barn to turn her out.
default_smile.png
I also need to start a thread for Ida she will be 7 months at the end of this month.
default_smile.png
At least I have an idea when to expect her wee one.
default_smile.png

You can add her right here if you'd like. That way we can watch both girls, and you don't have to go to two places to post!! We can do it!!

Latest posts

Back