mares milk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denny10012

Reaction score
I have at last been able to get a small ( tiny) amount of milk from my mare, this will be her first foal, it was sticky ..glued my fingers together. is she ready?

No, the yellow sticky substance is "premilk". In order to test it for impending foaling, look at the product "FoalWatch" from foalwatching.com. You'll love it
default_smile.png
Won't need to watch her for more than a few days!

Real sticky? She is very close from my experience! Another sign is when her bag almost feels HOT to the touch
default_yes.gif
GOOD LUCK
default_aktion033.gif

my mares foaled 2 days after the sticky milk finally arrived. she was on day 337 when she started to lactate. hopeing for a healthy happy baby!!!

Although she may go for awhile yet, I've also had several mares foal at the very sticky, yellow milk stage. At that stage I get real attentive watching for any and all signs. It could be any minute or she may wait and get to the whitish milk stage.

No, the yellow sticky substance is "premilk". In order to test it for impending foaling, look at the product "FoalWatch" from foalwatching.com. You'll love it
default_smile.png
Won't need to watch her for more than a few days!
I looked for this web site at the address above and it should be foalingwatch.com Thanks for the tip on the product!!

Latest posts

Back