Mare With Herd Rage Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your "Mamma" horse sounds like a fascinating personality.........I doubt you would have seen movement if was a false pregnancy.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on your situation. You might want to consider having her either ultra-sounded or palpated.

MA

Oh how funny!! My dogs and cats have a habit of drinking from the toilet!!

I had a mare that had a false pregnancy I think. She got fat, got a decent size bag, and then nothing.... I had her palped and uh oh, nothing in there and never had been. She was so disappointed when she lost her 'private suite' and had to go out with the rest of the herd. She just stood there and looked at me with disbelief! She did come back in season and did settle then. Been the best broodmare ever since!

I think I would have some bloodwork done on this mare, in addition to having her palped. Have her thyroid levels checked, her hormone levels checked....

Or, you can make your guest room hers, with access to her own bathroom and shower? You'll have to teach her to vaccuum up her own shavings though :new_rofl:

I've had two with false pregnancies and they had to be shocked with a shot from the Vet to be normal again.

It could possibly be what you will have to do. I would talk to you Vet about the situation.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back