Mare stare under the stars with Diamond

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you feel better soon. I''ve had three wisdom teeth out and that was bad enough. You probably feel like punching somebody lol.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I feel better, not having all of the infection in my jaw. I feel like I was punched in the jaw but now I can put ice and heat on it. Plus I have pain meds and antibiotics that help.

As for Miss Diamond well, I just am clueless as to her due date.

I got her in July. She may have been already bred. But she went to the breeders and last cover date was September 6th.

She has a bag now. Keeps getting bigger there. She's slab sided. Her bum is huge. I can express milk. My question is can she have gotten pregnant in the first week of September and have this going on right now?

What would the color genetics be if the stud was bay tri color?

Very confused and tired.

Thanks everyone for the support and advice and well wishes. Please keep my husbands job interview in your prayers. We need it and he deserves it.

Question about crazy mares. Diamond will drop, then not be so dropped, will really bag up, then not be so full. Is this normal? She's no longer got hips, I think that's the slab sided look. Started this all on mothers day. She may have been bred when we got her in July, but we took her to the breeders and was bred Aug. 28- September 6th. I can see the baby bumping around in there. I know if she came bred, she can do this anytime but if she took at the breeders when is the earliest she can have the baby? Calculator says July 28th.

Depending on how far along she is, yes, baby can be rolling around in there giving her "look" different from day to day.

How about a few new pictures -- one from the side, one from the back and her udder -- but all down at her level.

If she's not due until end of July, I wouldn't have thought she should be bagging up or even showing an udder yet??

As Diane says, when you are feeling up to it, some new pics would be great, but suggest you continue keeping a close eye on her anyway just in case she got bred before she came to you.

How are you feeling today - a bit better I hope. Sending continued prayers and good wishes for Hubby.
default_yes.gif

I just sent Diane some photos from the 14th. When the sun is up I will get new ones. It's 3:30 am and I am not on mare stare. Darn pain woke me.

Hopefully another day or so I will be back to normal. I can feel the healing thoughts you are sending and I thank each of you. Still have our fingers crossed for my hubbys employment. Hard to wait when the pony pantry is getting emptied each day.

Gonna go check on Diamond then try to fall back asleep.

Here are more photos taken after the 14th. I can't remember the order but it shows how she's changing her mind day by day.By
Hope this helps advice wise.

Nicole

2013-05-18 14.52.58.jpg 1369221991913.jpg 1369222007573.jpg 1369222028921.jpg 1369222063422.jpg 1369222086519.jpg 1369222114290.jpg

WOW! Baby is really having a relaxing day in there! Must be laying out on a lawn chair!! LOL

/monthly_05_2013/post-8000-0-59868000-1369259579_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much Diane, I think you are right about some being double. I am just so confused about if and when. I am guessing she did take when she wad bred last week of August-sept. 6. The calculating says due July 28. This is my first baby, not hers and I only know she's an easy foaler. The second set of pictures are after the 14th when she had a bag. I hope some lovely aunties can pitch in their experienced advice and at least tell me if I am just seeing a pregnancy. My vet doesn't palpate minis and has to rent u/s machine and with hubby out of work it can't happen. All I wanted was a show gelding. If she took to the Rowdy grandson this baby won't be registerable. BUT I did trade for a cute gelding today!!!! He does have papers! I just need a critique on him as I have been out of the loop so long. So back to the mommy to be...? Anyone?

Oh yes, she is due soon, no question about it.
default_smile.png
She has started shopping so I would say a month to 6 weeks max
default_thumbup.gif

She's looking good, and I agree with Renee that once that udder starts, it usually will be 4-6 weeks -- so getting close!!

So a July 28 due date isn't a stretch? Doin the happy dance! Woo hoo! !!!!!!!!!!

No, looks like it could very well be mid-July or so. So you have time to keep up with your sleep for a while!

Sorry but I have to disagree!! We still have a week of May to run, plus the whole of June, then 4 weeks of July to get us to the 28th, so that date is not something to aim for, and, sorry Diane, but I think mid July is out of the window too. LOL!!

From the look of the pictures I would say that you will have a baby within 4 weeks!! Do you have any milk testing strips, testing her milk regularly from now on would give you an idea of how she was progressing plus give you warning if she should suddenly get nearer to foaling.

I hope she will go a little longer for you so you can build up some sleep time before the all night sitting up time comes round, but I seriously doubt it - perhaps we could start doing the foaling date guessing game??

I think it is highly possible that she was bred when you got her, judging by the last pics. Anna you know me, I am always open to betting
default_smile.png

I say filly on the 23rd of June.
default_smile.png

Oh, I counted wrong! DUH! So glad you corrected me, Anna. Guess my brain isn't working!

I'll go with June 30th !! And even that should be a long-shot as she should go sooner than that! But with everyone going over this year -- it might actually work out!

Last edited:
LOL!! Diane I'm not suprised you got a bit muddled with all you have on your mind at the moment, not least the planning and excitement of the holiday coming up!

I'm guessing June 21 - the summer solstice.
default_yes.gif

Hi ladies! Got busy with my new gelding. Glad to see you are keeping tabs. My most pressing question is why did her bag go away? Its not there like it was.

Lord only knows why but several mares have been doing that this year.

Latest posts

Back