Mare stare under the stars with Diamond

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked again. Just munching on hay giving me evil eye for bothering her. I know if I let her out of her stall she will have it in a heartbeat. Earlier this evening she has a spot along a fenceline where she was determined to stay. She was running to keep from being caught tonight. Last night she went to bed in her stall herself, and I have not seen this girl run in over a week. There is just no safe place to have it but in her stall.

Eagle, thank you for your invite to call. If I trusted myself to not sound like a blubbering idiot right now I would, even just to chat if nothing else. I have been reading all I can here on the forum and the mini websites linked here to get as much info as I can pack into my brain. I still feel she is ok. If it makes you feel better I can be a hypochondriac at times. Joking but it is true. Time for another check. Roosters are crowing.

Don't worry, I am a total headless chicken when my girls foal
default_new_rofl.gif
I have to ring Anna or Diane to calm me down
default_yes.gif

Hubby on watch now. Will let you know. I have to rest for a bit. So tired.
default_sad.png

Any update? I'm nervous reading her actions so far. Hope everything is going okay.

I am awake now. Kinda lol. Hubby was on watch and all she did was nothing. Shes out grazing, i did get photos of her bag from behind at 4 am and its notically bigger then. Last visit out I picked up poop and gave her alfalfa for a snack. I was hugging her belly patting it and felt the baby protest. Vet did say last night expect within the day with her actions last night.

I want a tri color but had dreams it was a blue roan. She does have roaning on her bum.

Hope everyones night went well. Do you guys become zombies during the day? B-)

I am glad all is well and to answer you question, yes we more or less become zombies for the whole foaling season
default_yes.gif
I am looking forward to seeing pics.

Glad to hear that things seem to have settled down today! Maybe what you were seeing and trying to describe last night was her slightly odd reactions to the foal repositioning itself, but they were unusual reactions (hence our responses) so I would be keeping a ery close eye on her from now on - I know you will with hubby's help!

Yes, most of us are total Zombies during the foaling season, especially those of us that are going it alone (as I was for many years, plus caring for around 10 fully stabled and exercised horses and a young child), but the concern for our precious mares would not let us fall asleep at nights - and not often in the day either - just in case they needed our help. Having a second person to share the watching with makes the whole 'season' so much easier to deal with.
default_yes.gif

Please keep us updated with Diamond's progress and we will do all we can to help you get this little foal safely into your welcoming arms!

Nothing new other than a very grumpy family. I took photos this am and will tonight for bag comparison. Shes bagging up good now. At 4 her milk was like honey. When things slow down I will post more.

And thank you everyone.

Can you get a blue roan out of a b&w pinto w/roaning and and a black stud?

94% you'll get a black, and 6% you'll get a chestnut. -- But that said, 50% of the chances are pinto patterning, with/without roaning.

Can't wait for the new pictures!

Sorry I haven't been back yet. Hubbys big big job interview is today ( now), plus 4 other interviews this week, his graduation, my surgery in 2 days, well it's been busy lol! No baby yet, no photos (lost charger) but she continues to bag up. Here is my prediction: I will be up all night tomorrow with her having it, because I have to be at hospital at 5 am friday for surgery. I have always had a hunch she would do this. My surgery has been postponed 2 times now. This is my delivery guess. A roan pinto colt would be nice. Diamond's Cut like a Knife is a name if it happens as I think it might. Or something like that.

Ok back to running around like a headless chicken ;) haha

Oh good luck to hubby, sending prayers all goes well for him
default_smile.png

I hope she foals for you tonight so you can get some rest before your surgery.

How did Hubby's interview go - successfully I hope!

Really hope Diamond foals for you before Friday - will you have to stay in hospital or are you going to be home the same day - good luck anyway, hope it all goes well for you.
default_yes.gif

Hoping hubby's interview went well, and that baby will come BEFORE the wee hours of Friday morning!

Hi Aunties just want to post quick updates. Hubbies interview was a 3 panel. He was one of 10 chosen out of 51 for this job interview. He thinks he did well. We keep praying about it. Thanks to all of you for yours.

My surgery went well. 10 molars including 2 wisdom teeth removed. I had the option to stay the night but said no because Diamond has not had her baby yet. Wish I had, I didn't expect this kind of pain.

She is full of milk. Huge. Maybe tonight.

I am not supposed to talk for 2 days so maybe that Will be a good excuse to lock myself away from hub bub and get some pics for you. I already busted one gumline open when I was still numb. ET said it best : Ouch
default_sad.png

OMG!! You poor thing! Sending ((((HUGS)))) and healing thoughts in your direction. Hope Diamond hangs on for a few days to let you recover a little.

Latest posts

Back