Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure she has somthing on board Cassie, unless she swallowed a balloon while you weren't looking.

Try not to worry and stress, there is nothing you can do to change how things will be. She will foal when they are both ready. And she is likely to be fine when she does so, most births are trouble free.

If it is at all helpful here is Miss Twinkles final days. She foaled in October still with a coat on her so it might help your comparisons

At day 344, the day before she foaled:

Twink 344 belly.jpg

Day 345, wax in the morning. She foaled at 2am that night:

Twink 345 WAX2.jpg

Twink 345 WAX.jpg

Day 345, her belly:

Twink 345.jpg

The result, about 6hrs old here:

Day 01 (1).jpg

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Hey Cassie, Twinky is 32.5" and this was her 3rd or 4th foal so she knew what she was doing! I think she thought I was fussing too much!

I still get a little grin when I flick through 2 months of photos before she foaled, I remember watching each change and getting more and more excited. I hate the sound of my foaling alarm but when it went off that final time I thought it was the best sound in the world
default_new_rofl.gif

The foal is 'Derby' and now gelded, he is going to be out and showing this year as a yearling gelding
default_laugh.png
My first home bred baby!

thanks Bree
default_smile.png
a similar height to Suzie, who has just laid down an HOUR late of her normal schedule, hmmm will watch her and if she doesn't get up shortly I'll go home n check on her...

hope Derby goes really well!! how exciting!! please let us know how he goes!!
default_yes.gif

Thanks cassie!

Twinkles was very snoozy in the final two weeks, I think she spent more time down then up! But she was very fidgety on the final days.

Suzie is looking VERY UNCOMFORTABLE all the sudden out there!! she was butt rubbing but not moving much so more pressure on her bum and sort of squatting (well thats how it looked from the cam) then moved off then stopped walking very awkward not wanting to move much at all

I will be going home for lunch in the next hour or so and I'll check on her, but I think that little foal is making Suzie VERY uncomfortable!!
default_unsure.png

Boy cassie, looks like Suzi took a few lessons from PN...major but rubs going on down at the fence. Your other mini is feeling friskey...she keeps rearing up on your riding horse...paying her no mind. what a good horse!!
default_wub.png

yeah I reckon!! maybe she wants to copy Peanut all the way!! like a little foal.. oh except we might request a filly still if we can hehe but your little boy is SO GORGEOUS I wouldn't mind either way!! COME ON SUZIE you will feel so much better!!

Penny loves to have a gallop and usually Smartie takes the bait and they go off rearing and bucking but Smartie was to busy keeping an eye on Suzie!! hmmm :shockednow Suzie is back eating her hay close to us, good girl!!
default_wub.png

Just had a thought, Cassie, since you are worried that Suzie won't foal before your trip to Figi, I can fly down and stay with her! It is so terribly hot here
wacko.gif
and I would welcome the cooler weather!!!! Oh well, just a thought.
yes.gif

oh
default_sad.png
yeah just a little bit, the people who live across the road from us have minis and had their first foal last December so I'm going to ask them to keep an eye on Suz and hopefully BABY while we are away, we are only away for a week but that is a long time to be away from my new foal!!
no.gif

Suzie seems to be spending her time between snoozing by the fence or butt rubbing on it! Hope your fence is nice and strong Cassie! LOL!!

Morning all.
default_saludando.gif

Must go look at my e-mails - sadly they get a bit neglected these days - I wonder why?
default_wink.png

haha my Dad built it so it is very nice and strong!! its only a few years old too
default_biggrin.png
she is certainly using the fence to her advantage today!

Morning / evening all
saludando.gif
I am having far too many late nights with this village fair, we got home at 1.00am again
wacko.gif
At least the kids sleep all morning so I get to catch up in peace
biggrin.gif

4.50pm and Suzie is down the far end munching

So what is happening out there Cassie? No sign of Suzie and three people carrying what look like buckets across to Smartie and Penny - was it water or something else? Anyway there are three intruders in Suzie's paddock and Suzie is missing - has she done a "I'll just slip out through the gate"? We know she is very quick to take advantage of open doors! LOL!!

Suzie! Suzie! come back please - we need to know that you are alright.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back