Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have her number and have spoken to her in the past. I am off to put the kids to bed and it will take me about 20 minutes so I will give you her number in case I am not back in time. you can msg her and she will answer straight away.

0061 419 232 062

She seems to have calmed down a little now - digging around in her food corner! I always get in a panic when soon to foal mares start to pace their stables, yawn etc etc, but admit that Suzie had me a little confused as she had her tail well down, not held out, and there were no signs of small regular poos! Still persistant pacing always gets my heart racing. LOL!!

Gobbled down my partly burnt food - now the dog needs hers.
default_rolleyes.gif

Anna

....thank goodness for dogs...they can always eat our food mistakes...

I've heard charcoal is good for the digestion....

Suzie has definitely changed in the past couple days.

Better to stay alert.

Now if Heidi would check in we could all take a collective deep breath.

I think Suzie is hungry.

Cassie said it was really cold there yesterday maybe she wants breakfast early.

I'm usually out giving Zoe and Zaky their mid day snack at this time...

it's 2 PM here.

The season and the time difference in Australia are confusing me.

Also I didn't realize she could get totally out of the camera frame in that lower left hand corner.....don't want her thinking that's a good spot to have her baby when the time comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont laugh at me but I'm seriously wondering if Suzie is one of those (luckily rare) mares who feels happier foaling OUTSIDE!! A neighbour had one once and she paced all night, then rushed off to the corner of the field and shot out her foal! (they thought it might be helpful to let her out to have a roll). It's a possible reason as to why Suzie looks as though she wants OUT?????

Anna

Dont laugh at me but I'm seriously wondering if Suzie is one of those (luckily rare) mares who feels happier foaling OUTSIDE!! It's a possible reason as to why Suzie looks as though she wants OUT?????

Anna
Could be ..... these guys all have their own little habits.

If it wasn't breakfast time or it would be if it was my kidlets, anyway,

I'd be more concerned.

If we are late by moments with breakfast the kids walk tracks in their

rooms pacing and scream the minute your hand touches the barn door.

Wake up Cassie and give us a wave....

Need to go give Zoe a snack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those mares too Anna, in 5 years she has never foaled inside, last year she foaled at 9.00 am practically as soon as i put her out, she must have had her legs crossed for days as she will also only foal when my stallion is out with her. That day I put them all together as i was in his field with the tractor which he hates. Lol

Incidently I told 'Mytwoladies' about these topics and the cams we are watching. She has been posting about what type of bedding to use for her foaling mare, and by chance I read her last post that was asking about last minute signs for foaling. So I suggested she read through the last 10 pages of the Peanut and Suzie topics for any info and then join us and post her questions, so we can offer her help - think this is her first foaling and it sounds as though the mare MIGHT go at any time.

Hope you dont mind my friends?

Has anyone heard anything from Heidi? I am really starting to get worried as the cam is still down.
default_no.gif

Anna

I have sent heidi text msg and LilB message but still nothing, I have asked on Marestare if someone vould ring her.

Well done for asking mytwoladies to join us, i hope she doesn't think we are all nuts, lol

LOL!! There's nothing as odd as pregnant mares!!

Maybe Suzie is hoping for a last feed to give her the energy to push that baby out - she certainly keeps moving her bowl around!

Anyone know where Cassie is or is she still taking a last minute snooze?

Anna

NUTS?? Who's nuts? Speak for yourself - I'm perfectly NORMAL!
default_biggrin.png

Sending prayers for Peanut and Heidi - just hoping all is ok.

Anna

Ah Ha! So Suzie can soon stop pummelling her feed bowl! LOL!!

Now we shall see if it is food she wants or out. If out, I dont think Cassie will have time to change the cam over and anyway it is always difficult to see Suz once she is out and about. So I really hope she just wants either food or to go have a good roll!

Anna

Anna and Cassie take a look at the video i posted on the photo gallery today of some of my chips playing at lunchtime. They were so cute!

Latest posts

Back