Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! Cassie I would go by the 6.4 and keep watching closely, then you wont have any sudden suprises!

I had to smile at myself yesterday after your report of the vet's visit - typical vet, sedate the horse so they can do THEIR work, but leave you to do the same 'work' to the eye WITHOUT SEDATION!! Thought to myself that you were going to have trouble getting his eye treated - I hate doing anything with eyes, the horses hate it too, understandably coz it hurts, but am always so frightened that I will poke the eye by mistake!
default_unsure.png

Poor Smartie - hope it gets better for him, and for you, very soon (before you go away coz I dont suppose Nathan will manage him?) How's Penny's eye - do you have to medicate her as well?

yeah, n she doesn't seem all that interested in eating by the loks... just standing resting atm... hmmm, will go n check on her in a sec I think n clean up that poop she did!!

um, yeah for a 21 year old he sure can pack a punch when he wants to!! he was then trotting round the paddock like a bloody stallion, neck arched, big prancing steps tail held high!! circling me!! he is such a brat!! LOL

I made him settle down n let me rub him over his eye n everything before I called it quits... cos I wont let him learn he can get away with that naught behaviour!!

Penny doesn't need anymore meds, I'll take a pic of her scratch tomorrow poor baby girl, her pretty eye is fine (even the vet LOVED ) her eyes! n the swellling has gone down so she should be fine
default_yes.gif

by tomorrow I won't have to give Smartie bute anymore, will prob do the eye ointment... if I can till we go just to make sure, see how he handles it though!!
default_wacko.png
LOL

Just a little something I have been working on while I wait for my CRAZY mare to foal!!!
default_wacko.png
LOL

hope you like it
default_yes.gif

drawing.jpg

default_biggrin.png

going to grab a really quick shower... will have my phone just in case...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Cassie that is just fantastic!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

You have been hiding your talants from us, shame on you! Anything else you want to share with us?

haha thanks everyone
default_biggrin.png

well this is one I did a while back... not very good but I don't do much with acrylic lol

drawing.jpg

oh Renee, what do you think about Suzie's milk test?! strange hey!!!

Yes but to be honest I have never milked both teats so I don't know what to say. I just milked on the left as Britt seemed more comfy. I would say that she is definitely going to foal in the next few days.
yes.gif

Lol i hadn't either but when I milked the smaller one n it was the same I thought I would try the bigger one lol

I'm going to get some sleep now... Will set my alarm she seems to have settled down!! She was just So miserable today n the licking!!! Lol

new_shocked.gif
Watching Suzie!
aktion033.gif
Let's get this thing going girl!

Cassie I love your artwork. You are very talented!

oh Cassie my dear, I love you...checking the 2 teats!! Thats so funny
default_new_rofl.gif
but actually thinking about it ...it may be good...its cute just the same. Its hard w/the strips b/c the colors are so close sometimes and we want so much to see the lighter of the "shades" and you really do have to be quick about it...much like I WAS NOT the first couple times until Diane and Renee set me straight. My computer flaked out last night and will be attempting to fix a few programs but will check on Suzi when I can. You are a really good artist BTW ..you should persue something in the arts!!

What does Suzie think she is doing in her bedroom tonight!! And it is not even as if the piles are loose sloppy droppings, so no excuse.

Well that solves it anyway - she cant possibly foal with her bedroom in that state, so relax everyone.
default_yes.gif

Umm ok I know I'm gonna get in trouble... But... That is her third poop in under 5 minutes!! As well as what she us doing in the corner over there!!! Does her tail head look different this morning?! She is very restless I think... I want to go n cleanup her poop lol well actually I dnt but I should but I dnt want to disturb anything that suzie might be thinking... P.s they are not her normal looking poops though...

LOL!! And I can now eat my supper at the table instead of balancing it on my lap so I can view my laptop at the same time!!
default_cheers.gif

Oh a few more glasses of wine then tonight
default_aktion033.gif
..had such a busy day but the new piggie house all finished in place and full of straw..only thing is the pigs havnt realised its for them to sleep in
default_rolleyes.gif
just been out there in the dark and theyr still grazing thining Iv forgotten to put them away to bed..I hope they realise there new house is in their new pen bless or it will be under the stars (well clouds) tonight
default_wacko.png

I love the artwork too..excellent
default_aktion033.gif
think Suzie is standing close to the door as she knows breakfast will be arriving in a good few hours
default_wub.png
..does anyone elses ponies drool when breakfast or dinner is on its way?? My boy is dreadfull for it.. head hanging over the stable door and drooling when Im preparing their food
default_wink.png

Good Morning/ Evening all
default_saludando.gif
another lovely day in the hawkesbury LOL sigh
default_biggrin.png

haha, Lindi you n your Piggies LOL

ok so those poops last night, they were half formed n half mush... more resembled cow pies then not, but there were some formed droppings in there...
default_yes.gif

her udder is bigger again
default_smile.png

will take some pics in a minute, my camera ran out of batteries AGAIN!!

lol

getting closer!! Thankyou ALL!! for everything you have done!!!

oh Cassie my dear, I love you...checking the 2 teats!! Thats so funny
default_new_rofl.gif
but actually thinking about it ...it may be good...its cute just the same. Its hard w/the strips b/c the colors are so close sometimes and we want so much to see the lighter of the "shades" and you really do have to be quick about it...much like I WAS NOT the first couple times until Diane and Renee set me straight. My computer flaked out last night and will be attempting to fix a few programs but will check on Suzi when I can. You are a really good artist BTW ..you should persue something in the arts!!
LOL well maybe I wasn't happy with the results
default_rolleyes.gif

I know exactly wat you mean!!

you have to be REALLY quick cos it changes SO FAST!!! grr a little frustrating LOL

Latest posts

Back