Mare in Hospital

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to read this Rita for you, Barbara the new owner and for your mare Cookie. We've had situations like this - three in fact. One we still have and two have gone on to other homes. The biggest concern from what I was told was trauma to the cervix. The vets had them on two types of antibiotics and on we were swabbing (can't think of the name - the nitrfurizone ?? cream) in their vagina 1-2x a day to prevent scarring.

It is really great you're going to work with your client on this, as technically it's her horse and her responsibility. It's also good for her that she saw and now knows how serious breeding can be.

Best of luck on resolving this, and best wishes for Cookie's full recovery.

Also congratulations on your new filly!

Oh gee, Rita, I am so sorry to hear of all of this! I sure hope things work out for everyone involved and that Cookie goes on to be a great little broodmare in the future.

Rita - You were on my mind so much the other day. That is why I called. So sorry I called right in the middle of all that. :new_shocked:

I'm glad to see that Cookie is doing better. I hope all is well and she can still go on to start a new herd for her new owner.

Treva

Gosh Rita, I'm so sorry that happened.
default_sad.png
I hope Cookie will be ok and that everything turns out well for everyone.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Latest posts

Back