Mardi Gras in May

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]The show I helped run this weekend (Mardi Gras in May Performance Show) went GREAT!!!!! [/SIZE]

Due to HIGH class entries, we ran much longer than expected, but that just means we know how to better schedule things next year
default_yes.gif
: I'm SO ready for our next show in July (one judge performance show) AND our 2007 season, which will include even BIGGER shows. When we have 10-15 entries in at least HALF of the classes (remember it's performance ONLY), that's a rip roaring success!!!

The Murrays, Denise and the 3 boys drove ALL the way from ONTARIO to show with us in Arkansas!! With a little schedule rearranging, we got them back on the road in good time to get home safely. We were so honored that they drove ALL that way to show with our crew!!!

It was a BLAST running a show, which surprised me~LOL I had SO much fun getting to visit with everyone, without having to get horses ready
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

I have to thank our Steward and Judges. Our own Pam Ford (Horsefeather Farm) was our Steward and she was FANTASTIC. She helped me figure out anything I missed and was great to work with. Her husband Curt was one of our three judges and as always, was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our other judges Jim and Kathi Knight have LONG been two of my favorite judges to work with and again showed themselves, along with Curt, to be exactly the kind of judges this industry needs, professional, friendly, enthusiastic and obviously LOVING what they do!!!

I can't brag enough on our exhibitors and the INCREDIBLE level of horses AND sportsmanship exhibited at this show. The judges constantly commented on how GREAT the horses were and that you just don't see this level of competetion everywhere. I was pretty excited about that!!!

We also wish to send out healing vibes to our own Jan (Birdmomjb) for quick healing after an injury. Jan and her family kicked some booty at this show!!!!
default_wink.png
: :aktion033:

Our thanks also goes out to ALL of the families that put their time, money and sanity on the line to make the dream of a performance only show such a HUGE success!! You know who you are, but here's a reminder of the sponsors that MADE THIS SHOW POSSIBLE!!!! We can't thank you enough!!!!!

Ozark Mountain Miniature Tack

Farnam Companies, Inc.

Bob Hurley Arena

Dream Weaver Farm

Dusty Lane Miniatures

Aven-Dale Farm

Flying A Farm

Flying A Farm, West

Alimae Farm

Ken-Rho Stables

Vineyard Hill

Kuel ¼ Horses

This-N-That Farms

Louis & Jan Bryant

Shelly Huff

Feed, Seed & More, Springdale, AR

Orschlens, Springdale, AR

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: WE so apprecaited the rescheduling that you all did for us. It was great show-- good judges and the fact that everyone was having fun was soo evident-- we amde a lot of new griends & will be looking for you all at Nationals.

By the way-- we did some quick tallying & our Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer (Blue roan stallion) finished his required points for his Hall Of Fame in Country Pleasure Driving at your show-- which is the reason we decided to go as it is hard to get enough in a class up here to get full points. Thansk again for a very good show & a whole lot of fun.

Dyingoot find out who won those beautiful coolers. Can you fill me in??

[SIZE=12pt]That is wonderful news Amelia!!! Congrats on the HOF!!![/SIZE]

Drum roll please.....

....the winners of the STUNNING Mardi Gras Mask, High Point Coolers are......

Open High Point Winner-Dana Bryan, Dreamweaver Farm

Amateur High Point Winner-Nathan Allred

Youth High Point Winner-JESSICA Bryan!!!

default_cheers.gif
:

Glad to hear such a success story amidst shows that are experiencing a decline. Hope you only get bigger and better.

Hey Laura

Glad your show went great. But off the topic if its okay? How is your horse doing? I

keep looking for updates, but I can't find any? What happen with the dogs to? Oh and

what happen with the court date? If you want to start a different post that is fine.

Wishing you the best

Vicky

Hey Laura

Glad your show went great. But off the topic if its okay? How is your horse doing? I

keep looking for updates, but I can't find any? What happen with the dogs to? Oh and

what happen with the court date? If you want to start a different post that is fine.

Wishing you the best

Vicky

Hey Laura

Wishing you the best

Vicky
Vicky,

Thanks so much for asking. I posted an update on the tons of other things going on, including Ramble and court on another post Roller Coaster Ups and Downs

[SIZE=12pt]Oops, my bad! [/SIZE]

KACEY Bryan won the Youth High Point, not big sis Jessica...whoops! THEY knew which one won, just my pregnant self forgot
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you so much for accomidaiting us in the chaos of class scratches. when Jan got hurt, other than that we had a great time and can't wait for next time!!! I am so glad it worked out well for you guys, plus it was really nice to be 2 1/2 hours from home. take care and see you in July!

Shelley<><

Latest posts

Back