Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She stood at the bar for quite a while and Chippy was a statue for her, now she is trying to buck so I think we are safe in saying she is doing just great
default_smile.png

*dabs tears* Congratulations Melinda, quit rubbing in those precious foals you keep getting lol. I was watching Sue McCoy's mare and Missy and stayed up late and still missed another of yours! Now I have to go check out the cam and maybe pics.

AWH! Just saw the rat scurrying in the middle stall while I was admiring the babies!

9:05 new baby straining to poop.

I forgot to say,"Well done, well done on the delivery!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the support, she is definitely nursing well :D (huge sigh of relief LOL). Also here are a couple quick crappy pics of her w/o her blankie, it is just so hard to get good pics in stalls when the mares keep helping too!!! Couple pics of Breaker included too :D If our weather EVER clears up long enough I will turn them all outside for some pics. I think I have around 7 more due, I am starting to lose hope that Naomi and Babs are bred and still unsure on one other too. Bad part about not checking them all is dont know for sure who actually needs watched so I just have to watch em all!!!

O yea...I left some presents for Templeton so hopefully we wont see him for much longer!!!

DSCF4168.JPG

DSCF4174.JPG

DSCF4182.JPG

DSCF4186.JPG

DSCF4190.JPG

I am so glad they are all doing so well
default_smile.png

You gave me a mini heart attack this morning, lol Girl you sure do sleep deep. ROFL

Lol! Poor little rat, minding his own business. Thanks for the pics such pretty babies!

Congrats! I get behind so quickly on the threads if I miss just one day.

congrats on another healthy and pretty little girl
default_smile.png

sounds like a scary foaling.

I should try your slap when panicking I do it so often

the first thing out of my mouth is always Art call the vet

vet must be thrilled with my night calls to his answering service

then to just say never mind all is ok

it's a wonder he doesn't slap me

lol Lori, I would be the same I'm sure! Melinda did brilliantly! thanks to her and Renee we now have another gorgeous baby running around in stall no. 3!!! YAY

she is so cute, is that a tiny star on her forehead? so very very cute!

Congratulations Melinda!! Geez, my heart started beating so fast just reading about the foaling! So happy you got her straightened out enough to deliver her! Looks like a lovely filly!!

Thanks everyone, I have to do my best to reposition foals on my own as my vet will not come out this far, I have to haul to him and therefore it will be to the point of saving the mare sadly enough but even if they would come out that could be the case anyways if they are in that bad of a position. The hardest part with an instance like Chippy is knowing when its time to go in, we were always taught to wait until the water breaks on its own and see if anything presents before going in but with Chippy nothing was trying to present to break through the "star" of the placenta and allow the water to break, the amount she was pushing and rolling was enough to make me not wait any longer. Anyhoo I am in the process of rearranging horses now and trying to get a couple of the closest looking mares under camera. I am leaving Chippy for now as she was still cramping off and on this morning so want to make sure she is done. Star is in the middle for now and she is at 319 days today and bred to Magic, my bay pintaloosa show stallion, and in the right is Fae who is bred to La Vista Flamboyant Remark, a gorgeous overo stallion, her breeders estimated her due date around 4/10 and said she usually holds pretty true to that but they didnt give me an exact breeding date so who knows :D, she has started a small udder but since her dates/habits are a bit unknown figured its safe to watch her unless someone else looks serious!

Latest posts

Back