Manx cats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
We have one--Mr. Manx is our first ever Manx, and he's just the coolest cat. I love his long hind legs, when he runs he looks like a bunny rabbit and when he walks or trots that up-tilted rear end gives him such a superior look. He's got a personality all his own, very different from any of our other cats. And I just love the way that little stump tail twitches sometimes!

Here is Mr. Manx:

MrManxApril2011sm.jpg

We bred unregistered manx/bob-tails for several years and love them sooo much. I found them extremely intelligent, and a very quiet cat as well. Almost all of our mature cats were easily taught to shake paws, fetch, sit, down, sit-pretty, and roll over...something that isn't usually easy for a cat. I also love that chirping sound they make when they want to "talk".

We have had several over the past 20 years, love them. Haven't had one for a long time. We've had rumpy, stumpy, shortie tailed cats. The shortie tailed cat was Boo Boo, and his tail was about 5 or 6 inches long, and had a kink in it.

They were great hunters, miss having them, but our source dried up.

I have one and I love him. He's one big boy. Max was born to the barn cat at the barn where I board. One of 3 kittens, the only male and the only one with a bob tail. He's now an indoor cat and doesn't miss the barn life.

Here he is as a kitten

Maxiscomfortable.jpg

and as a grown cat into everything

Maxoncurtainrod.jpg

I have one and I love him. He's one big boy. Max was born to the barn cat at the barn where I board. One of 3 kittens, the only male and the only one with a bob tail. He's now an indoor cat and doesn't miss the barn life.

Here he is as a kitten

Maxiscomfortable.jpg

and as a grown cat into everything

Maxoncurtainrod.jpg
What a pretty kitty.

Oh my favorite subject! I have many Manx, and still have a litter or two each year. In fact, currently have two litters. Am at work but when I get home will post some pics- I just LOVE these guys and wouldnt have any other cat.
default_wub.png

And LOVE your new kitty!!

Oh my favorite subject! I have many Manx, and still have a litter or two each year. In fact, currently have two litters. Am at work but when I get home will post some pics- I just LOVE these guys and wouldnt have any other cat.
default_wub.png

And LOVE your new kitty!!

Oh Laurie, really? I love Manx kitties! I've had just a couple of them over the years, they do seem to have such unique personalities (feisty, comes to mind, lol!) but I really loved them. Can't wait to see the pics of yours.

Really lovely cats, all of you, I've enjoyed looking at them!
default_yes.gif

Ok, here are some of my Manx kitties....

Here is Wuz, one of my toms, and his son Amos

WuzlayL42708.jpg

Wuzfrontlay42708.jpg

AmosAttack.jpg

Yikes, I need to update pics, Amos is grown up now!!

Here is one of the females Blue as a kitten and then about a year old, and then her daughter Pearl....

BluenSister.jpg

Blueface42708.jpg

Pearl292708.jpg

Females Mocha Latte, and her daughters Pumpkin Spice and Tangerine...

MochaFace.jpg

PumpkinL.jpg

TangerineR.jpg

Here are a couple more boys... Will need to update pics of them too, they are big boys now! These are litter mates, and full brothers to Amos, just different litter. These are fathered by Wuz and out of Mocha.

This is Mickey and his littermate Lonnie.

MochaWuzmale5110.jpg

MochaWuzmaleShammock5110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurie, what pretty kitties. I'd love to have one like Mickey or Lonnie--they are so cute, and I love their coloring!

Now that we have one Manx & know what he's like, we wouldn't mind having another. Sometimes I think all of ours should be Manx...no tails to step on when they get underfoot!
default_biggrin.png

Ok, and here are some updated pics taken this morning. Here is Amos now at just 2 years old. Amos has about a half a tail with a kink in the end of it.

Amosface2yrs5111.jpg

LOL, sunning himself on his favorite rock pillow-

Amosinsun5111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is Mickey and Lonnie, much bigger than the first two pics above that were taken at about 5 weeks or so. They are litter mates, both are 'stumpies'.

Mickey laying up in his pipe tube that he loves-

Mickey1yr512011.jpg

Mickeylogrear5111.jpg

And Lonnie

Lonnie1yr512011.jpg

Lonnielay512011.jpg

And here is my dirty Big Foot after he has rolled in the dirt... Big Foot is a rumpy with just a tiny nub of a tail

BigFootdirtyMay111.jpg

BigFootlay512011.jpg

A neutered bob-tail cat showed up at our barn and is now in the house. He has a foot fetish and so still gets stepped on, even without the tail because he flops at your feet.

But I don't know if he's a Manx or one of the other bot-tail breeds. I'm thinking Americal Bobtail, but how would one distinguish between them?

Thanks.

Not sure either Roxane... he could be a mix, or as you said, one of the other bob tailed breeds. Try googling the different bob tailed breeds and see what they describe and maybe you can find out what fits your guy the closest? Got a picture?

I just love Manx- they are so fun and so funny. Sometimes more like a dog than a cat in personality. LOL, sounds like your guy is a happy people lover!

Laurie, your boys did grow up handsome! I love the coloring of Mickey & Lonnie.

Roxane, our Mr. Manx does that too--flops down at your feet and doesn't think he should have to move to get out of your way. I don't so much step on him as trip over him. Thing is, he'll dash up behind a person & flop down--you don't know he's there, so you turn around to walk away and TRIP--and he's so big & solid your toe sticks quite firmly against him.

I read up on the American Bobtail and they sound very much like the Manx--in fact they were Manx crosses orignally? So I think without knowing the breeding it would be pretty hard to determine if a cat is Manx or American Bobtail.

There all such lovely cats! i don't have any manx.. i have 5 cats, 3 are indoors there all ragdolls then two DSH are out at the barn.

Latest posts

Back