Made it back to the farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I managed to drive a bit over four thousand miles, see some of the nicest minis in the country, visit and meet with several forum members and make what I hope will be friendships that will last a lifetime. There were many more people I wanted to visit and should have. There were no doubt people on the route whose driveways I literally drove right past. But I see more road trips coming in the future and can only hope they are as pleasant as this one.

There were experiences that memories are made of, at MBennit her horses were so friendly and inquisitive I was lucky to get out of the paddock with shoe laces. We sat in lawn chairs in the paddock with the horses and enjoyed a pleasant chat. The trip to visit Reo who puts so much work into our secret Santa program was more than just an enjoyable lunch. We spent several hours looking at horses talking and just discussing life in general. Hard to think of a young woman more dedicated to her animals and the forum than she is. At field of dreams I walked their many barns and looked at their fine animals. They have a set-up, location and potential that many people would be envious of. After the tour of the farm Lucy made an excellent dinner companion. We talked at great length of the logistics of their move from Pa to Texas. Their experience will greatly influence how far I might be prepared to move and what I might take with me. The same day presented me with the chance to visit BCody. She was such a pleasant person to meet and talk with. It was just two days before her horses left. With the nice location they have and nice barn lets just hope its a matter of a short time until she jumps back into her love of horses again. Then there was the trip to Marty's Mountain. Certainly caught her off guard and in her nightgown. She should have warned me that cell phones just do not work in her part of the world. But once the shock was over and she got her thong tightened I was treated as a member of the family and even got to fork out the mini poop from her cart. A bit of advice for anybody venturing up her hill. When she climbs on that little tractor its best to stand behind a stall or fence post. Defiantly a wild woman at the wheel !!!!! To her credit she makes great waffles and is full of a lifetimes worth of experience and advice. Her family and their life experiences made me feel welcome and looking forward to another visit on the mountain. Her little Timmy is every bit as she makes him out to be. He is going to grow up to be a wonderful driving animal. The last stop on the journey was to visit our wonderful woman in the hollow, Demimore. Her log cabin nestled in the woods with its pleasant views from every window along with the pleasant company of her and her fifteen year old son made it a hard place to leave. I stayed over the night in her guest room and it seemed like we never ran out of things to talk about from the time I got there until I had to force myself to leave. She made blueberry muffins to go with my coffee (and her tea) and a wonderful roast beef supper that evening. For the first time in months sleep amid the serenity of her hollow in the hills came easily and peacefully. She can be counted as a link in the golden chain of friendship.

One of the limiting factors on my travels was the fact my daughter was moving. Their house had been on the market for ten months when they finally got an offer the worked for them.. The offer came on the day my travel started and one condition was they were going to close in less than thirty days !!!!!! Much time was devoted to helping watch and entertain my four Texas grandchildren. A trip to the zoo (to keep them out of moms way) walks by the lake which they were moving away from forever. We had a lunch at Mc Donalds as well as as afternoon at the movies. It was a visit for Gramps and the kids to spoil each other and all four were full of hugs for me. Their move from from Frisco (just north of Dallas) to San Antonio went well and I was only to glad to be there to help and join in their family life closely for that week.

Now that its all over its time to get to work on my own plans for the future as well as getting ready for another road trip. Next time I hope to have more time to visit more of the forum members by better planning and a route which allows for more leisure.
default_yes.gif
:

Welcome Back Goose!!!! :aktion033:

I am so glad to hear that you had such fun adventures, and made new friends and memories!!!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

What a wonderful trip report! Sounds like you had a great deal of fun!

JJay

Glad to hear you made it home all safe and sound! I will miss wondering where you would pop up next though! That was fun!

Glad you made ita back home! Next trip, you must remember that if you go through Texarkana on your travels, you are going right past us! Wish you could have stopped by here, but we had to make a quick trip back to Ky. Goose, it's not too bad to relocate in Texas! Come on down!

Thank you for the kind words Vic. Shain and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our visit with you. Now concentrate on getting things done and moving forward so you can take that next road trip.

:aktion033:

Wonderful news that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and obviously made many others very happy with your company. Can't wait to hear about the next trip.

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip. Wow...four thousand miles....that is a lot but I am sure well worth the travel. I know what you mean about cleaning out a house. We have spent the last 60 days getting one cleaned out for a closing next week. It was my hubby's stepfather's house. There was at least 30 years of "Gee I might need that some day" stuff. Now we are going to build on five acres that we own and move out of the 30 years of "Gee I might need that some day" stuff we have here. Thank goodness my husband is now in a cleaning out mode.

Glad to hear you had such a fun trip. If you came up I79 you went right by me also. Maybe next trip you can swing by. My hubby would love to have someone to take fishing for an afternoon.

lf you decide to tour other parts of Canada make sure to stop by Millet we're very fairly close to West Edmonton Mall fun fun mall and some neat mini breeders in the surrounding areas. Better still aim to make it to the biggest show on earth as far as horses go the Calgary Stampede 10 days of super duper fun.

It was SO great talking to you, Vic! Plus it was the first *date* I'd been on in YEARS!! :lol:

Hey, if we can move 28 Minis, two QHs, seven llamas, and TWO households you can do it, too!

Lucy

Glad you had such a wonderful visit with your forum friends! I loved the pictures everyone shared too! :aktion033:

I'm SO glad I was one of the lucky few you came to see Vic!
default_yes.gif
:

I hope you come back again so we can talk and visit some more, and maybe I'll get a chance to cook for you!

As far as I'm concerned, you ARE a life long friend!

Hi Vic!

I am glad you had an enjoyable trip and got home safely. You are a very special person and I really enjoyed your visit.

I probably owe you some shoestrings!

I hope that you can come back soon, you know you are always welcome. Maybe next time if I know you are coming, I can take off work and we can go visit some of the farms around here. There are several in Oklahoma.

I certainly hope you can get moved to Texas, that way we can visit more often.

Mary

Sounds like you had a great trip. I enjoyed seeing the pictures, that were posted by dimimore.

:saludando:

You can come back now.

I've cleaned the house and got my thong un-stuck. :new_shocked:

Back