LWO results- wanna guess?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
Someone else did a little poll on guessing the results of their horses' tests for LWO.

I thought it would be fun to do that with the 3 that I just got the results back on.

I don't know how to do a poll, so if anyone wants to guess on these 3.

First is Roselita... No white, brown eyes... She is sired by a frame overo, so i thought i would test, just to be safe.

Rosie.jpg

2nd is Haley Hawk, Brown eyes. Sired by a different frame overo, then the last filly.

fillyspice2.jpg

fillyspice1.jpg

3rd is Rock N Roll... both eyes blue, sired by same frame overo as last filly.

r12.jpg

The results for each are pretty much what i expected... Guess away, and i will tell you the results.

I'm not swift enough on this yet to guess but will be interested to see the results.

But man oh MAN!!!! I love Roselita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Roselita (no)

Haley Hawk (no)

Rock N Roll (yes)

I am interested in that because I have one mare that I want to test her too.

Which she has no blue eyes but she seem that she has overo in her background and sabino too.

Keep me posted!!...

My guesses are: No, No, and Yes for LWO+

And I LOVE the 2 fillies - even the "solid" one!

My guess is NO-NO-YES...and you are wrong about Rosalita having no white! She has 3 white pasterns!!!! That would make her a minimal tobiano!

Love those silver dapples and that Rock-N-Roll is gorgeous!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

My guess is NO-NO-YES...and you are wrong about Rosalita having no white! She has 3 white pasterns!!!! That would make her a minimal tobiano!
default_wub.png
Shelly, what you think you are seeing is not actually white pasterns...it is just a lighter color, brought on (I think) by the silver gene. If she actually had white pastern, her hooves would be white, not black.

Ok, i won't keep you in suspense any longer.. LOL.

Rosalita- Neg.

Haley- Pos.

Rock N Roll- Pos

Mona's right about Rosalita, she doesn't have white pasterns..

I should have added about Haley.... the only white she has is the face white. So if I hadn't been aware of her background, i may not have tested her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosalita- Neg.Haley- Pos.

Rock N Roll- Pos

I should have added about Haley.... the only white she has is the face white. So if I hadn't been aware of her background, i may not have tested her.
Haley's results show the importance of testing!

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
I have a colt that has only face white and is tested LWO+ (wider than her blaze but...) so I am not surprised to hear your filly is LWO+ as well. The last one was the one I thought might be a trick since she is easily guessed to carry frame. But all the same I guessed yes for her.
default_smile.png
Lovely youngsters BTW

default_wub.png
Shelly, what you think you are seeing is not actually white pasterns...it is just a lighter color, brought on (I think) by the silver gene. If she actually had white pastern, her hooves would be white, not black.
Oh yes, so right you are!!! I forgot to look at her hooves...DUH
default_wacko.png
My silver dapple mare-Sahara looks almost like her twin, although she does have white pasterns and striped hooves.
default_wink.png

Rosalita- Neg.Haley- Pos.

Rock N Roll- Pos

Haley's results show the importance of testing!

Carolyn

Exactly....

And for only $25 you can know for sure.

I am surprized and good thing you tested!! I have seen solids come back positive and one horse only had a small star on it's forehead and tested positive, so you can't tell by looks!!!

Latest posts

Back