Lucy Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusiveHussler

Reaction score
Thursday May 11 Lucy foaled a gorgeous red and white filly with one blue eye at 10:52PM. Lucy was kind enough to let me get home from a field trip at the Bronx Zoo and give me about 45 minutes before I needed to dress in some barn clothes and get out there.

It was a text book birth. It was all so fast. I got out there and there's a leg poking out. And then a few minutes later the filly was out and I broke the sac off the head and cleared the nose. The filly nickered about 5 minutes later and Lucy nickered back. And then filly was up and about in half an hour.

She's big, healthy, and a bundle of energy! The weather is pretty icky here and the paddock is almost a pond so filly and Lucy haven't been outside yet. My family and I had to leave for Maine for the weekend for my brother's graduation. We had a vet tech stay at our house incase Lucy foaled while we were away, but then she ended up staying to keep an eye on Lucy and the filly.

We've named the filly Legz as some people at marestare.com mentioned.

Lucy is now on Flagyl to deal with some protozoans(something like that) that were discovered awhile ago but couldn't be treated because she was pregnant. But all in all both are healthy and doing great. Lucy is being a great mother.

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0048_163726.JPG

[SIZE=14pt]Wow! What a pretty baby! Congratulations![/SIZE]

Lyn

Very, very pretty filly congratulations!!

Congratulations on your pretty pinto filly! I am so happy for you.

Can't wait to see her.....

Beautiful filly.. :aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!!!

Awww she's adorable and what a nice upheaded pose! Hope mom is better soon!

Latest posts

Back