ls this just a plain chestnut pinto??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Or after reading another post am wondering if he could also be called splash or sabino. So if this guy bit me in the butt could l yell that splash or sabino chestnut did it or just that chestnut pinto??

1732.jpg
headclip012.jpg

Pinto just means the horses is a colour + white.

The name of the pattern indicates what sort of Pinto the horse is.

So if I said my horse was a Chestnut |Pinto you would know it was Chestnut and White but that is all.

If I said my horse was a Chestnut Tobiano Pinto you would know it was Chestnut and White with no white on the face, probably four white socks, ...do you see where I am going with this??

Your horse is a Chestnut Splash Pinto BUT he may also have Tobiano and he may also have Frame and there could also be Sabino in there!!

You can test for Frame, which I definitely would do.

He is, visually at least, definitely Splash.

What patterns are his parents??

Thankyou now l can YELL that SPLASH behind the barn bit me on the butt going over his fence when someone comes home later. All l know is his sire is a cremello seen him and he was and the dam was a B/W pinto. This guy sure doesn't produce even a hint of pinto 3 solid colts so far out of solid mares.

relic i have been told by pinto breeders the best way to get color from a horse like this is to breed to tobiano mares.

Thankyou now l can YELL that SPLASH behind the barn bit me on the butt going over his fence when someone comes home later. All l know is his sire is a cremello seen him and he was and the dam was a B/W pinto. This guy sure doesn't produce even a hint of pinto 3 solid colts so far out of solid mares.
One thing I can tell you is that either his sire is NOT a Cremello. If the sire was a Cremello, this horse would be a Palomino or a Buckskin, which it obviously is not. The sire is most likely a maximum Sabino or maximum Splash.

Yes his sire is a registered cremello CN Easterbrook Farm Dreamaker 33" A74521. He was up at stud and we saw him and he sure looked cremello a pale yellow all over. Does anyone maybe know this horse...l sure hate to say his sire is cremello if he's not even though he looks it and is registered as one.

Either the horse is not Cremello or the horse is not the sire.

A double dilute ALWAYS passes on one dilute gene.

Dilute on Red + Palomino so the horses sire cannot be a Cremello
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back