Lost our first foal of the year -

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
Lost our first foal - a palomino filly by Thumper - today. The mare is our daughter's favorite LDS Midnight Princess, who hasn't foal in 8 years. She is about a month early, but the foal was perfectly formed with a beautiful head. I am SO disappointed!
default_sad.png

I am so sorry Dana! Hope the mare is OK and the rest of your foaling season goes smoothly.

Oh no, how sad. I fear it is the time of year that we will see a lot of this again. It seems the 9 or 10 month mark is the worst. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope the rest of your foaling season is uneventful.

Oh Dana, I'm SO sorry you lost the filly!
default_crybaby.gif

I know how that feels. {{{Hugs}}}

Oh Dana so sorry for your loss. I hope your mare recovers from her loss quickly also. Hopefully if you do plan to rebreed the next one will be even better and so worth the wait. (((HUGS)))

I too lost a filly last yr and I was so disapointed so I know how you feel
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
((((HUGS))), I am sorry to hear this. It is always cruddy when this happens. I always look forward to this time of year to see everyones photos but it is ALWAYS heartbreaking to hear of the dissappointing outcomes too. I hope your mare is doing okay.

I am so very sorry this happened. {{{H}}} Hope all goes well with everyone's upcoming foals. My heart goes out to you.

I am soo sorry.
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
I was looking forward to seeing a foal from Thumper this year.

Hopefully you will get another foal from him this year.

My heart goes out to you. I have lost foal in the past. I lost a very nice sorrel pinto filly last year. I cried for days. What help me was loving on the ones who living, that is what someone told me once.love the mare bless her heart.

I'm so sorry Dana. Prayers and hugs for you and Princess. I'm sure you are all devastated.

So Sorry......
default_sad.png
Hope your little mare is okay.

I'm so sorry for your loss too! I totally know how you feel! We lost one (2 month premature this year, full term last) on Feb 28, this year and last year! It's like that date is jinxed now! It is so hard to bounce back from! I get upset and want to sell all the broodmares and not put myself up for this loss again! Well, this morning, almost 12 hours ago, we had our first LIVE foal of the year! He's quite splendid and will help the pain ease a bit. When is your next foal due? God Bless you, your family and your sweet horses!

I am so sorry!
default_no.gif

((((( Big hugs ))))) for your and your mare!!!

How awful! Seems you are not alone, the forum has been so sad this year already! Sorry for your lose, we have all endured this horrable circumstance and it is never easy, so sad!

Latest posts

Back