Lost my best friend on the weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole

Reaction score
Well my little Jody is gone, he was a 5 year old sheltie.

I am having a really hard time with the loss.

It was horrible, we had went to a clinic on Saturday and packed our own food. There was a bag of chips that we were munching on throughout the day. When I got home I went in the house put the chips on the table and rushed out the door for supper.

Well some how he got them off the table, put his head in the back to get the chips and could not get it out. I found him on the floor when I got home.

We try so hard to keep our animals safe, from vaccinations, worming, regular grooming. He was spoiled and we took him everywhere.

Everybody knew Jody, there was alot of tears shed this weekend.

I really missed him this morning, he comes to the barn with me every morning, and is always waiting for my daughter to get up in the morning, and is soo excited to see her.

He was such a good dog, loved everyone and was always there to greet you at the door. He always looked foward to his jerky treat every night before bed. When we would get ready to go somewhere he would hide in the Van so we couldn't see him. This way he was coming no matter what, it was quite comical.

We love you Jody and we will miss you!

I know this is not horse related but needed to talk.

Thanks,

Nicole

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Oh no Nicole. That is such a freak accident. I am so sorry for your loss and it will take time to come to terms with it. You are right though, you did what you were supposed to in keeping him safe. It was an accident. Again, I am so sorry. I know that doesn't help.[/SIZE]

I am so very sorry, that is such a terrible way to lose a dog!

That brings back the terrible memory of coming home and finding one of our Corgis like that. I am now obsessive about ripping open the bottom of the bag before throwing it in the trash, and full bags go up high on counters or the reefer. I was suprized to hear that a non dwarf breed had that problem, usually it is the short legged dogs that cannot pull the bag off of their head.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is such an uncommon occurence. I know of someone who lost their puppy that way, too. :no:

So, so sad. Sending warm wishes to you.
default_wub.png
:

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. What a funny,special little guy he must have been.

I wish I could have some magic words for your pain.

Hugs to you,

Bonnie

Oh No Nicole!!!

How awful for you! I hope that you don't beat yourself up to bad about it, sometimes there is nothing that can be helped.

Go ahead and cry, tears help.

Hugs and kisses

Kim

OH my gosh what a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry for your loss. I would have never have considered that something like this could happen, so I am very grateful that you have posted about this so we can all be warned and aware. I will be more careful now and tell my family about this too.

Please accept my deepest sympathy for your beloved loss.

Oh Nicole, I am so sorry to hear that. :no: I have a sheltie boy too and he gets into things that he shouldn't from time to time. I recently caught him chewing on a disposable razor that he had taken from the bathroom trash and I know that was a tragedy in the making too. I know your heart is breaking and there are no words that any of us can say to make it better. (((hugs)))

Pam

Oh Nicole! I am so sorry for your loss. No matter how careful we are sometimes accidents just happen. I know how hard it must be for you. Take care, Lori

I'm so sorry for you loss. :no:

I would not have thought of such a thing and I too will be more careful!

So very sorry. Shelties are such pleasant Chums. There's nothing to say but sorry.

Oh no! So very sorry for your loss. <<<hugs>>>

I'm so sorry Nicole.

Maybe your posting here about what happened will make us think twice about what we leave behind with our animals. I know I've had dogs in the house forever & this sort of thing never occurred to me....now it will. Even tho you lost your sweet one, you may have saved another just by talking about it.

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh Nicole, I am sooooo very sorry. Please do not blame yourself...this is something most of us would never have seen coming either. It truely was an accident. We are always too quick to find the answers and blame ourselves AFTERWARDS, but the truth be known, had we known or thought it would happen at the time, of course we would have done things differently, but it was an accident. ((((HUGS))))

Nicole,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious little Jody.

We have a sheltie also. She is always taking things off the table. I have never thought about something like that happening.

Thank you so much for sharing, I know this had to be difficult for you. If it saves even just one dog, sharing your story will make many of us so much more aware.

Hugs to you and I know your wonderful memories of your precious little sheltie will help you to get through this.

OMG !! I am so sorry for your loss..I would have never thought that could have happened..thank you so much for posting..maybe you can keep someone else from losing a loved one....

What an awful way to lose your special fur friend...... You must be devastated.

I'm glad you came here to share your grief. Please allow yourself to grieve and cry. You've just experienced a terrible loss and my heart is going out to you.

Blessings my dear.......

MA
default_sad.png

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, Jody was a very special dog.

I have not stopped thinking about him and how I miss him being at the bottom of the bed at night.

Thanks so much!

Nicole

OH NICOLE!!! :no:
default_sad.png
I am soooooo very sorry for your loss. I can feel your pain. I too have lost a beloved dog to accidental circumstances and know exactly how you feel. As everyone said, it was an accident and something you never could have forseen happening. Hugs to you and your family in this difficult time.

Latest posts

Back