Lost a friend today...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
I lost my little mare Faith today.

She was my little one with cleft palate, and I shared my life with her for just shy of seven years.

She was a fighter, and never gave up. If she never did, why should I? Despite her problems, I gave her the best life possible. She got lots of love, food and played with her herd members. She was unique, and unlike any other horse I've had the privilege of living with. She thought she was a large horse packed into 28 inches.
default_wub.png

I will not even try to describe her, it would take the whole page!
default_yes.gif

A virus has gone through my whole herd, and I thought she was doing well considering she was eating well and drinking, and showed no other outward symptoms. The vet and I had her on a preventative antibiotic to give some extra help against secondary infections, so I thought we were in the clear. The virus came in silently and attacked. With her already fragile immune system, her body just lost this fight. The vet came out this morning and euthanized her. I was with her until the very end.

The others know she is gone, but other than calling out a few times, I think they understand. They are still fighting this infection, and I really hope they kick it soon.

I miss her terribly already...it was so odd just seeing six out there instead of seven.

For a horse no one thought would live to see one year, she did very well! A brave soul she was.

Miss you little Faith.

Thank you for listening, she affected more lives than she knows.

Faith-1.jpg

Faith2.jpg

Mere words are never enough when we lose a loved one. I will say I'm so sorry and hope you understand that I hurt with you over your loss. Been there too many times.

Pam

What a little sweet face........My heart goes out to you..........
default_sad.png

I'm So very sorry for your loss!
default_sad.png
She looks so sweet in the pic!

Bill

I am so sorry and hope your others can shake the virus and recover. You can tell from the photos how special she was.

So sorry to hear of your loss Sammy, how unfortunate
default_no.gif

However, I must say without you being such a good and caring partner to her over the years her life could have been a bad one, but you made the years she had great from what I followed from the forum. One of the best last gifts we can give our horses is to be there when its there time to pass on, and I imagine it was a great comfort for her with you being there.

(((Hugs))) My condolences are with you through this time.

Dan.

I'm sorry you lost your special girl. She was a cutie! She had the bestlife full of the best care and love, all the way to the end. I'm so sorry. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry!!!! RIP little Faith!!!!!!

Barbie

what a pretty little head , you can see she was a real sweetheart , I am so sorry that you lost her , I hope your other little ones will recover very soon

Latest posts

Back