Lost a foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
default_no.gif
Well this was too be my last year in breeding minis.And wanted to sell the herd when they have the foals on side.I tried to sell them pregnet in the fall/winter.But seems to be hard trying to sell pregnet mares. So I thought the best is to sell them with the foals on the side for the same price I was asking in foal.Figure better way of getting them into new homes.Our arthritis and disabiltys just getting to hard for us. And it has been a long long hard winter for us. We had so much snow it was alfull. Well it was a sad morning when my favorite mare went in labour with a foal wanting to come out butt first. Hubby and I got the baby out.It was a nice Pinto filly
default_sad.png
. I so wanted my last year with the minis to be my best year.I have been with horses for 34 years.30 of those years breeding big and small.And had many years of ups and downs.Just was hopping this 2009 was going to be a good one. sigh double sigh

Oh, I am so sorry. Sending Hugs.
default_sad.png

default_no.gif
So sorry for your loss...hope to hear better news in the future. Are you expecting more 2009 foals?

Oh so sorry, did not know you where going to get rid of your herd.

Take care of yourself, and wish you the best on the rest of your foaling season.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am so sorry for your loss, <<<hugs>>>

I am so very sorry for your loss...if you've more to go, I hope they go fine.

Liz

I am so sorry for your loss. It tugs on the heart strings for years to come when one looses a foal.

I hope all of the reast will be alive and healthy.

So sorry for your loss. Hope the rest of your foaling season goes well.Wishing you the best.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
I'm glad to hear that your mare is doing ok. Best wishes for the rest of your mares to foal, I hope your year turns out well overall.

Thats so sad about the foal
default_sad.png
when l retire from minis l would for sure want my last year to be the best with all live foals and healthy moms..

Latest posts

Back