Lost a colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Last night, my little Chunk wasn't acting right, he was off by himself and not his normal playful self, when I went to check on him, he didn't really try to run from me, so I knew something was not right. He could barely turn his head. I called the vet immediatley and headed in with him and his momma, I wasn't sure if he had been kicked or maybe hurt himself as fast as they run around. It has been muddy here so I worried he fell and did something. He couldn't even move his head to nurse, I think he was in shock, We started IV's & steriods, you name it.....despite all our efforts we lost him. :no: I can barely see through the tears as I type this. I haven't lost a foal in years, and it just is tearing me up inside. Nothing is worse than losing a sweet little foal.
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rest in Peace my little Chunky Monkey 4-8-07-4-27-07[/SIZE]

IMG_2106SmallWebview.jpg

So so sorry for your loss, doesn't take long for these little ones to own a piece of your heart.

[SIZE=14pt] so sorry you have lost your sweet little Chunk, thinking of you, Nikki[/SIZE]

:no: i am so sorry for your loss.

he was a very nice looking foal.

you will be in our prayers

Awwww my heart is breaking for your loss! I am so sorry
default_sad.png
...what a precious little boy he was.

Hugs to you and your mare. I am so sorry to hear this sad news
default_sad.png
:no:

[SIZE=12pt]Michele, I am so sorry to hear about your little Chunky Monkey. (((hugs))) to you for acting fast and getting a vet out as soon as possible, Little Monkey knew he was loved. Thinking of you today, and in tears with you. Corinne[/SIZE]

I am so sorry for your loss, and for your mare. Give her extra love, Hugs to you both

I am so sorry.

Having lost one myself this past weekend, I feel your pain - I imagine yours to be of much bigger proportions considering you got to meet Chunk and fall in love...my little girl was a breech birth and I couldn't get her out in time (despite my best efforts).
default_sad.png

It's never easy to lose one :no:

I am so sorry for your loss.

so sorry for your loss, so hard to say
default_bye-sad.gif
: to our sweet babies... but it's ok to
default_crybaby.gif
: - our tears water the pasture at the rainbow bridge
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back