Lost a beautiful colt today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I have had alot of forum buddies email me today to see if any of my two mares had foaled. Well my miniature did and the colt didnt make it. Im so thankful my mare is okay but it was another HORRIBLE foaling. I am just heartbroken. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. The cord was twisted on itself and then twisted around his middle. I wont go into all the details but he also had a back leg positioned up tword the front legs which we didnt know until we got him half way out and then he was stuck. I think this is much harder as he was breathing and had his eyes open when we got his head out. It was a beautiful tiny refined bay pinto colt. I was so wanting a colt to geld and show and this boy would have been it. Hubby and i tried to get him out as fast as possible but it just wasnt fast enough. I just cant help thinking over and over that if we had gotten him out just 5 mins sooner he might have made it.

My absolute best horse friend in the world (ginny) came running over (and once again beat the vet here) Ginny tried so hard to revive him but just couldnt.

Ginny i cant thank you enough for all you have done for me and for always being here when i need you. I cant even imagine what im going to do in ohio without you 10 mins away.
sad.gif

All we have left is patches to foal. If anything happens to her or her foal you will have to scrape me off the ground. I just cant take anymore losses this year.

Kay

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Kay Im so very sorry for your loss![/SIZE]

Lyn

Kay I am so sorry. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} I had just come on, and was going to post for people to send you hugs, and prayers, but saw you were posting so waited for you to tell what happened.
crybaby.gif

I wish there were magic words that would heal the pain, but we all know there aren't any, just know that we love you, and hold you in our hearts through the pain.

Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying everything goes well for Patches and you have a healthy foal.

So sad to hear of your lose. Just doesn't seem fair sometimes to wait so long and then not have them to see running around. My heart goes out to you, Mary

Oh Kay, I am so sorry. It just doesn't seem fair. I hope your little mare is okay.

MA

I am so sorry for you and the mare. It is especially hard when you wait 11 months and then loose one. I will be praying your other mare delivers safely.

OH KK.......I am so sorry........so so so sorry........
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif

Sad sad sad day......

no.gif
I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and Patches for a safe foaling.

Christy

I am also sorry to hear this. To have been so close to saving him has to be even more heartbreaking. Glad your mare is ok. Best of luck with your next one. Bless you.

I too, am very sorry for your loss.

OH NO, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your mare is OK though. Sometimes life is just so unfair. Best wishes for Patches to have a safe delivery and a healthy foal.

pray.gif
Oh Kay! You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers!

Latest posts

Back