Loss a mare & Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane=P

Reaction score
RIP ~ Hawk Hollows Show me the Blue ( Squeaky). We had to put down Squeaky last night after a long week with her fighting a colic impaction (fecal stone) . She was in foal (280days) . It was hard losing both of them. My vet and I tried for few days and then he called his associate who is surgeon to come and see what she could do and this vet is the greatest vet I have ever met, she tried everything she could and worked for hours, and treated this mare as if she was her own and cared so deeply and tried so hard to save her, but we couldn't get out the stone and where it was and with her being so far bred , and such low odds ,surgery wasn't a choice and after long hard fight , last night she started to let me know she was done fighting and I called the vet and talked and we made the choice last night we ended it. She was born on our farm and she was my great little show mare and this was a foal I was really looking forward to . I still have one more mare due end of May , hoping for no problem and keeping fingers crossed.

Goodbye Squeaky, you will be missed

492_500x333_250x166.jpg

Oh I'm so very sorry, what a tragedy especially after such a long fight by your vets. But I want to compliment you on being close enough to your little mare to realise when she had had enough, and being brave enough to let her go, never an easy choice.

Sending hugs and sympathy for your loss.

Anna

i saw that on facebook...i'm so sorry for your losses.
default_no.gif

hoping your next foal comes smoothly
default_yes.gif

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs to you!!

I'm SO very sorry you lost your beloved mare
default_crybaby.gif

You all tried so hard to save her

{{(({Hugs}}}}}

So, so sorry.
default_no.gif
RIP Squeaky and lil' baby. You tried so hard for her. Hugs to you.

Our sympathies from Nixons Hill. Such a sad event. Sounds like you did everything you could and then made a "right decision".

Very tough and most of us have been there
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I am sorry for the loss of your mare and foal. I am sending thoughts and prayers your way, hoping you find some peace of mind and praying for a safe delivery for your upcoming foal.

I am so so sorry for your double loss. I feel your pain as we lost and mare & foal this year to dystocia. It is such a tragedy and my heart goes out to you.

RIP ~ Hawk Hollows Show me the Blue ( Squeaky). We had to put down Squeaky last night after a long week with her fighting a colic impaction (fecal stone) . She was in foal (280days) . It was hard losing both of them. My vet and I tried for few days and then he called his associate who is surgeon to come and see what she could do and this vet is the greatest vet I have ever met, she tried everything she could and worked for hours, and treated this mare as if she was her own and cared so deeply and tried so hard to save her, but we couldn't get out the stone and where it was and with her being so far bred , and such low odds ,surgery wasn't a choice and after long hard fight , last night she started to let me know she was done fighting and I called the vet and talked and we made the choice last night we ended it. She was born on our farm and she was my great little show mare and this was a foal I was really looking forward to . I still have one more mare due end of May , hoping for no problem and keeping fingers crossed.

Goodbye Squeaky, you will be missed

492_500x333_250x166.jpg

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beloved mare and you all tried so hard. God bless you

Rip squeaky and baby

Latest posts

Back