Loomis Basin Med. Center Miniature Horse and Donkey Symposium

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHGal

Reaction score
Hi all,

This was in an email I received today. It is open to anyone who wishes to attend (this was a vet school specific email, but Dr. Higgins said anyone was certainly welcome!). I will be attending, and I emailed Dr. Higgins to check that space is available, and this is what she said:

"There is space left. It has always been a great event in the past; we try to make miniatures a niche that we specialize in. That would be perfect if you could print the registration form and send it in with your check. Make sure to indicate your meal preference. We'll see you there. Please pass on the invitation to any other mini horse people that you know."

I have not attended this before, so I can't specifically verify the information is good, BUT, I do know a couple of the presenters, and they are very good. I would bet it is accurate and clear.

For all of you that are unhappy with vets not knowing anything about minis or not having the equipment, I am glad to see that some areas at least, are offering mini-specific symposiums and information like this. And a very reasonable price too!

Loomis is about 30-40 minutes north of Sacramento.

Information:

Loomis Basin Equine Medical Center

would like to invite all UC Davis Vet Students and Doctors to our

Third Annual

Miniature Horse & Miniature Donkey Health Care Symposium

When: Sunday, February 8, 2009

8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Where: The Blue Goose Events Center in Loomis, Ca

Cost: $30 per person (includes tri-tip or vegetarian lunch buffet)

Content: Miniature Equine specific Lectures to be given by Veterinarians

(including Metabolic Disorders, Coat Color Genetics, Miniature Horse Dentistry, Specific Miniature Horse Surgical Conditions, and Toxic Plants)

LBEMC (916) 652-7645

Here is a link to the registration form--you just print it out, fill it out, and send it and the check in! Loomis Basin Symposium

Hope to see some of you there...
default_smile.png

Bumpity-bump!
default_smile.png
I think this is a great opportunity!

I go every year and it is very informative. I am really looking forward to it this year. If you live close enough, it is definantly worth going to.

Latest posts

Back