Looking for family that bought donkey's at the SOS sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auledasacres

Reaction score
Looking for the family that bought Evie at the SOS sale. I think you purchased 2. I have lost your email address and were just curious if you ever had a foal.

We don't have a foal and are thinking she isn't bred, atleast not for the dates of the stud report.

Most of my jennets start bagging up a month in advance. Poor Carol has nothing and she would be due this month at the latest. If she is bred I would think more of a Jan/Feb foal??????

Please email me and let me know if things worked out for you. We feel puzzled because she has never cycled for breeding.

Traci and Family

Hey, it's me, I lost your email too, my computer crashed a few wks ago and I lost alot of info. So glad to find you again. Rearview Evie is bred and so is my other auction donkey, Rooster Ridges Gingersnap. they are both bagged up but don't seem real close. During the full moon, the one had a big tight bag but now it's down again, Nate said the moon will have that affect. A WI donkey friend told me not to trust anything that the former owner has said, so I don't know, just hoping all goes well. I've been wondering about Carol too, I hope you get a baby. Now that I have your connection here again, I'll keep in touch. By the way, Evie is only 3 and this will be her first foal. I thought you weren't supposed to breed 2 yr olds, I have two here that I didn't breed as the books say not to so I'm a little worried about her. I did separate her, Gingersnap and two others that are bred for Oct and later so they are not bothered by others, if they do foal. My email is [email protected]. Marnie

I just went out to feed and grabbed my camera, it's been drizzling out all day but these pictures I got. the first one is Gingersnap.

Gingersnap9-10-06.jpg

the next one is her bag but it's not as full and tight as it looks

Gingersnapsbag9-10-06.jpg

Then the next one is Evie but no bag picture

RearviewEvie9-10-06.jpg

And just for good measure, I grabbed one of Scooter and the one on the left is Polyanna, I think she's bred for over winter. The girl I got Scooter, Polyanna and my jack, Tarbaby from, hadn't separated them all winter but I do think that Scooter is due mid October. Evie and Gingersnap should be this month yet. Here's Scooter.

RoosterRidgesScooter9-10-06.jpg

for anyone who has experience, please feel free to give your opinions. I haven't had any donkey foals. I've waited two yrs to get some so I'm pretty excited about these jennys.

Kay - does Carol have no belly or bag? for those who don't know, I wanted Carol, Kays dark brown jenny, I had bid on her but didn't get her and accidently stumbled on to Tracys site and recognized Carol.

Last edited by a moderator:
What cute donkeys
default_yes.gif
: ...LOL I love the "Udder" pic ! My Jenny that gave birth 3 weeks ago started bagging up about 5 weeks or so before foaling and about 2 days before her "Udders"
default_smile.png
were really, really tight...not squishy at all. But...her pregnancy's before she bagged up 3-5 days and then foaled ??
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Back