Looking for AMHR Show Trainer in Northeast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a trainer that shows AMHR. I have a 2 year old gelding that I would like to place in a show barn. Would prefer to stay in the Northeast - PA, NJ, or close-by states. If you know of anyone, please let me know or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

I was told he only does driving....but I will check and see....thank you!

Versatility farm and Training center is in Brookville, Ohio. Is that East Enough for you? She still av some room on her show string. She does it all. Halter, and all areas of performkance, as well as lessons for the Amateur and youth.

Thank you, but I need something a bit more east...PA, NJ or NY. I'm really having a hard time finding someone...surely there must be a trainer around my area....

Depending on how far west or south you want to go; E Training Center in Pa., Bruce Abbott in Ny., Arelen Foulk in Oh., Alvadar Training in Mi., Snowberry Training in Mi., Amber Montgomery in In., Pick Pocket Training in Nc. or me, (Excaliber Training), in Il. I know I've spelt some of these wrong and I'm sorry to them and I've missed some and I'm sorry to them as well. The ones I've named have all won Hall of Fames, AMHR, AMHA &/or ASPC national/world/congress championships, horse/pony of the years, etc. All are very experienced trainers that offer their clients different & some of the same perspectives.

Exsponies, Jason and his wife do a great job at both halter and driving!

Thank you Julie! Means so much to me to have the approval of my peers & friends. Each of the trainers I've listed can give recommendations from past/current clients and from thier peers, (which always means a lot to me).

I live near Pittsburgh PA, so am familiar with a few trainers out this way.

I own a gelding that Jason Prince (exponies above) owned and trained, and the horse is the most versatile in my barn, not a hole in his training. Jason has been wonderful to deal with, even years after I bought the horse from him.

I sent a horse out to Bill Eperthener at E pony last season, and again, not a hole in the training, and very happy with the training. Both Bill and Frannie are excellent. They do both driving and halter, but Bill is "famous" for driving horses,

I have a horse out with Arlene Foulk at Foulks Fantasy Farm this year and Ive been very happy with Arlene too.

Generally, where I send a horse depends on if I also want to show that horse Ammy along with the trainer showing it (if so, the trainer needs to attend shows in an area I can also reasonably travel to) . If Im planning to show certain shows for the season, I try to pick a trainer who has those shows on their list, to cut down my traveling (if I'll already be there with other horses, it works out great for me) I would send any of my horses to any of the above trainers in a heartbeat, and trust them with the care and training of my boys.

Latest posts

Back