Looking at a horse on Sunday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Sssshhhhh, (you know who you are) LOL.

Here we go again
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Good luck Matt!
default_laugh.png
You'll find the right one.

I've been thinking a lot about getting a big horse again. I thought I had lost that 'BIG' horse bug, but it seems not. I miss riding - but lack the confidence I used to have. I think back at the times where I would ride bareback, no bridle....just a halter, no helmet. I had the best fun ever!! Now I would want to be wrapped up in cotton wool and ride a horse that couldn't go any faster than snail pace.
default_wacko.png

Keep us updated
default_saludando.gif

I hear ya, Leonie. My confidence level is about 60% of what it was when I was younger (teens and early 20's). I'd ride all the difficult horses with nary a thought to my own safety. Now I'm a lot less brave. This guy is a looker, that's for sure. I'll keep you posted
default_wink.png

Good luck Matt! I have always said you will KNOW when it's the right one. I would rather see 100 threads titled "I am going to look at another horse again" then have you buy something you will regret.
default_smile.png

Good luck!

I have my all time favorite mover in a big horse right in my back yard. He's 4 this year and still not under saddle training(hate the word-- broke) Meanwhile, I decided he needed to be worked with more... put a saddle on him, cinched the girth... he didn't move an inch.... just sat there..... I was ready for the explosion.... I really need to find the $ to send him off to a trainer that I love within 15 minutes from me and hang onto him. He's such a good boy.

Like you and others have mentioned I have lost the confidence. I used to ride anything and everything... two bad accidents(along with now having two young children) has made that invisible feeling go away. Deep down I hope I will get it back.. .but someone once told me... once you start paying your own insurance the confidence seems to fade away....(well that and the two really bad accidents).....

I dream of having my Quarter horse( Moxie) trained. I miss the feeling of a comfortable ground sweeping trot, smooth canter and the feeling of soaring over fences ...... I also, miss the great exercise that riding gave me.

Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys
default_saludando.gif
If anyone wants to see him, PM me and I'll show you a pic or two.

Like you and others have mentioned I have lost the confidence. I used to ride anything and everything... two bad accidents(along with now having two young children) has made that invisible feeling go away. Deep down I hope I will get it back.. .but someone once told me... once you start paying your own insurance the confidence seems to fade away....(well that and the two really bad accidents).....

Kim
Kim, if you find a horse that makes you invisible, you've got a GOLD MINE on your hands! Think of all you could do!!

default_laugh.png

Kim
Kim, if you find a horse that makes you invisible, you've got a GOLD MINE on your hands! Think of all you could do!!

default_laugh.png
Oh my.... that is too funny..... oops... You are right I could be rich!

I would LOVE to find a well broke Walkaloosa. I have been looking but nothing so far
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back