lol today is a record on this forum/website.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
As a mini farrier for my county. I also am the "go to" person for answers from all the newbie owners and in general mini owner around. I don't have all the answers and do my very best in pointing them into the right way for any info. And this website/& forum is always recommend.

Today I think I set a record and informed 4 diff folks about coming here.

I usually inform about 4 per month so 4 in one day and all before noon is a lot. Lol!

Not sure about anyone else here but this is the go to website I always recomend to every mini owner. And again, I want to thank everyone who makes this website what it as its such a wealth of info to everyone I inform it to and to myself since the day I discovered it many many yes ago!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp That's awesome!!!

yes Im always recommending the forum to people who have questions on other sites and such not as much in person but definitely online. just yesterday actually i recommended the mare and foal forum to a girl on facebook but she hasnt posted yet. I try to recommend even if its not asked if I see someone who doesnt know all that much or is doing something wrong ya know? try to push em in the right direction....the direction of knowledge lmao and yes I would also like to thank everyone here who makes this forum what it is. we're like a little family and i love it more than words can say! I care about everyone like theyre my own family!

I do the same! It's a great resource and people need to use it. FB is fine for some things, but unless you know the people who respond to your question as 'reputable', who knows what kind of nonsense you'll get! LB is much more accurate, friendly and informative.

From all of us who work here Thank you so much!

That's a very good way to look at it Lori. Knowing who and what is reputable is very important. Watching out for our members is something that Mary Lou, Mona, Lois All have done over the years and I do too. Administration at LB has always been quick to investigate complaints, help with transaction problems, concerns members have emailed us about...you name it. BAD sellers/breeders have been banned from advertising on here over the years.

We take it seriously when someone cheats a customer. I won't take advertising money from anyone who has been banned from our forums and boards. You won't find that kind of service everywhere.

A few people left LB on their own accord over the years simply because they couldn't follow the rules here. I feel bad sometimes when I look at the sales groups on FB and see some who were banned from here and some known unscrupulous sellers there...not so bad when I see some of the mouths that left LOL. We don't need that kind of negativity and constant drama. Anyway thanks so much again.

Yep I do too!!

Mary Lou came to my aid once years ago when I needed it, and I am glad to see the bad sellers banned. You are right - nobody will get that 'help' and protection elsewhere.

Always enjoy the forum and all the mod's hard work!

There is a FB page for Miniature Horse and Pony Questions and I have to tell me how ticked off and completely nuts I get reading not only the questions, but the answers. This is clearly the blind leading the blind. and mind you, there are so many other newbies on there giving out advice that is such nonsense. There are only a small handful of people there that actually have knowledge and for them I am grateful. But its a loosing battle. But I am so shocked at how many people actually own these little guys that have no business with them whatsoever. Its tragic. I realize that everyone has to start somewhere but on this FB page all bets are off. Without a doubt, I send people here. Ironically, I just sent someone else over to the driving forum for some real knowledge.

Same here. I always try to send as many people here as possible. Most reliable for GOOD suggestions and not just guessing like Marty says, that group can drive me pretty crazy too and while I try to add input too I end up having to just leave some alone as they clearly dont actually want advise. I am not near as active on here as I used to be simply because I am so busy lately but I will still send anyone I can to the forum to learn.

Marty, some of the questions on that page I can't even respond to. I actually thought they were a joke, then saw that they were not. I too, wish people would do some homework before purchasing ANY animal that is then 'stuck' in their care until they figure it out (or not). Agreed, everyone has to start somewhere but to not make an effort to know what you are getting into- well, I just dont get it.

Honestly, for the sake of the horses I wish everyone would hop on over there and suggest they come here. What is happening there is so sickening. Eventually I am sure they will ban me because as a rescuer, I am finding it very hard to control myself. Here on LB you have a very good chance at decent help.

Back