Logo Headache

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSR's_Judy

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]My husband says we need a logo to put on our business card. I liked the picture we had, so I told him if he drafted me a drawing I would look at it.[/SIZE]

This is what he came up with :eek:
index.1.gif

I know he tried but it looks like a brand, :eek: I like the font and he likes the bars on the top and bottom. But it has no picture of a mini on it.
default_sad.png

I wanted to have something with that font, that said NFR's Miniatures not just NFR.

I told him we are going to have to compromise and have some one design one, what do you think?

Any suggestions I am just not a creative person and have no idea where to start.

Does anyone know of someone that does logos?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the complete name of your farm that you want?

What is your state?

Are you breeders, trainers?

NFR stands for North Fork Ranch we have miniatures and quarter horses.

We live in Missouri.

The minis are my herd and the quarter horses are my husbands.

I show occassionally, we have a small ranch about 33 acres. We raise about 3 to 5 mini foals a year, so we are not a larger breeder.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Judy

A couple of thoughts for a "pictorial" approach would be;

A line that comes to a fork at the top and splits and then have N or North at the top or middle of the fork.

Another suggestion is a compass logo design with a fork (pitch or other) for the North end of the compass.

I am sure there are others.

:saludando:

Tommy

[SIZE=12pt]Tommy,[/SIZE]

I like the "pictorial" idea and I like the fork and the compass idea.

Thank you

Judy

With all these logo threads, I am sure to some I'm sounding like a broken record. I would recommend Janine at Trinity Acres (link). She is so creative and comes up with "simple" logos that come to represent your farm and are identifable as "you" with only a glance (you don't want to have to read a logo imo). Her rates are very reasonable and she does such good work. She did my logo which I've used on all kinds of things, including my trailer. She also designed my cards. I think her work has been a tremendous factor in me being able to start building a "brand name". You want to get it right basically at the start. I mean, not go with one that is "almost" what you want, but get exactly what you want as it is almost a foundation of your website, ads, show decorations, etc. It comes to represent you so you don't want to have a different logo 2 years from now than the one you go with now (again, of course, just my opinion!).

whinny4me-LOGO.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Business%20Card%20from%20Janine.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20012.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky C,

great job. You are doing great with all the logos you have been working on.

Keep up the good work. :aktion033:

Lucky C

Our farm colors is dark Blue and silver/gray.

I love it, is there a way to put F and R to stand for our farm prefix NFR.

I really like it. You do great work and very creative!!!!

Judy

Not sure how to add the F and R with the N... I was thinking about putting the F on the left and R on the right but below the N, but if you read left to right will people think it is FNR?

Lucky C

You are right, I will keep it the way it is. Great Work!!!

Thank you so much. :aktion033:

Judy

Latest posts

Back