Little King Oktoberfest - any news yet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
Couldn't make the Oktoberrfest - anybody hear how the prices were?

We spent six hours there today but I can't help you with the prices. We met someone there so we could pick something up from them. I only got prices on a few of the first batch. We stayed so a friend could bid on a palomino mare that she wanted to breed to Omega ( she went for $800 but my friend didn't get it.)... It was a beautiful day to spend in the country. Ran into a lot of people that we see at horse shows.

I didn`t get to go either...
default_sad.png
....sure did want to!!

Will be watching to see what the prices were...but I really wanted to go MEET people and visit and see horses and talk horses...**sigh**

I was there all day...There were a few around $150/$200. Most were between

$500.00-$1000.00. Several went in the $1000.00 -$2,000.00 range, but most

of those were No Sale. Then of course, there were the Private Treaty Horses.

Nice place, but the "silent auction" was a joke. Why bother to have set it up

that way when each horse was still auctioned, like regular. I much prefer the

"regular" Auction format.

Hi All- glad everyone enjoyed the Oktoberfest. It was a great sale. I would have expected the 3-1 packages to bring what they are worth- not $100. We ended up doing a live bidding because people couldn't seem to write their own bids on paper or understand what a silent auction was. It was funny that a horse would have a $100.00 bid on paper and end up selling for $1500.00+ on some of them. Anyway- it was a great turn out and at this point in time the people who are still here this time of night are still enjoying the sale!

If we do it again- you are right- we won't mess with the silent auction part since people didn't seem to know what to do. We were told that people would prefer silent auction so they weren't under the pressure of an auctioneer, but we quickly realized- people just don't know how to bid without the lead of an auctioneer.

Thanks for all who attended- I am going back to the party.

Robin-LKF

It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a sale and if I'd had room in the barn there were several horses that I'd have brought home with me, it was all that Gail, Judy and I could do to sit on our hands and not take advantage of some great deals.

Robin thanks for a great sale and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you today, you were busy all day long!

And John it was great to have a few moments of your time to talk to you about your research and I'm very interested in all future results.

Thanks again for a GREAT day on your farm, a lot of folks went home with wonderful horses today.

krisp

I went and had a GREAT time. :aktion033: The day ways perfect, in the 60's and sunny. The colors were beautiful. And as always the farm is magnificent. I bought 2 wonderful mares, lot 25 and 60 and am thrilled with them. I must have asked Robin a million stupid questions and she was just wonderful. I didn't understand the silent auction thing at first but got in the swing quick.

How many people showed up?? I have to say im shocked by the prices. I reallly wanted to go but couldnt stomach a long drive.

You wouldnt think it would be that hard to figure out a silent auction?? By reading what was written it seemed pretty easy. But its not fair to blame LK if people couldnt figure it out and they had to switch to a live auction. The first time you try something different you just have to wing it and see if it goes well. When it didnt they took control and switched.

All of these low auction prices are getting scarey to me as a breeder. Now ive never had more then 2 foals in a year LOL but still. Not good.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a sale and if I'd had room in the barn there were several horses that I'd have brought home with me, it was all that Gail, Judy and I could do to sit on our hands and not take advantage of some great deals.

Robin thanks for a great sale and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you today, you were busy all day long!

And John it was great to have a few moments of your time to talk to you about your research and I'm very interested in all future results.

Thanks again for a GREAT day on your farm, a lot of folks went home with wonderful horses today.

krisp
Hey Kris! :saludando: I'm sorry I missed you! I planned on going with my friend Elaine Rosier. When Jody told me that you may be coming, I was really looking forward to visiting with you. But alas, a family "thing" came up & I was unable to get away yesterday. Elaine did go, however, with her daughter & another friend & enjoyed themselves. It's probably better I didn't go....as I alway prod Elaine into buying something! :lol:

How many people showed up?? I have to say im shocked by the prices. I reallly wanted to go but couldnt stomach a long drive.

You wouldnt think it would be that hard to figure out a silent auction?? By reading what was written it seemed pretty easy. But its not fair to blame LK if people couldnt figure it out and they had to switch to a live auction. The first time you try something different you just have to wing it and see if it goes well. When it didnt they took control and switched.

IMO it wasn't that people did not KNOW How to do the silent auction, it was just

unneeded, because. Even from the beginning (first 12 horses) which bidders

did try to do the silent auction, as soon as that set of horses finished in 30 minutes, the

"auction" started on each horse, and everyone thought why did we just go through

all this, because it really didn't mean a thing. I don't think not one horse sold from the

final bid on the silent auction.

Don't get me wrong I love silent auctions, but if that's what you say it is at the appointed time

the last # on the list wins. Maybe, it would have worked better, it only bidders who had posted

bids on the silent auction by the deadline could have bid in the end, that would have ensured that

all parties interested in said horse would have participated in the silent auction.

I did enjoy the day and the weather was perfect.
default_yes.gif
:

I so wanted to go!! But since we are planning on moving now is not the time to buy!!! Can anyone tell me what lots 10, 31 and 89 went for? Thanks

By reading what was written it seemed pretty easy. But its not fair to blame LK if people couldnt figure it out and they had to switch to a live auction.
Not fair to blame the buyers either!
default_smile.png

Info taken from an insert in the sale catalog states the following

The auctioneer will ask if this is the final bid, take a final bid, and the horse will be determined sold by the auctioneer at that time
................................................ Upon reading this info several people I talked to said they weren't going to bother writing down their bids because the auctioneer was going to ask for final bids anyway. I watched the first lot being auctioned with some people that were bidding & they said it was redundant to do so since they had been told the bidding was not final on paper so they waited for the auctioneer to determine final bidding................. Guess some buyers didn't want others to know how many were bidding on their horse so they could get a better deal since the choice was there to write it down or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a beautiful day, enjoyed visiting a lot of people, and people watching. KrisP! Calling me Judy? Hummmff.

I ended up coming home empty handed, sure was tempted on a colt, but I just don't need more horses, at least until I get some sold and that is going slow.

Here are a few pictures I took. Oh, and the funniest part was Fred (auctioneer) selling the Artificial vagina. He just couldn't say that v word! Too funny!

Here is the grand old man himself, looks good.
LK4.jpg

LK1.jpg

LK2.jpg

LK3.jpg

ACK!! JODY please notice what time I posted that, that was a slip of the FINGERS not the brain, lol! And after that drive home I was lucky that I could even find the keyboard to type! Been a long time since I've driven that distance let alone at night :new_shocked:

And yes, the old boy is still looking good, and some of the items sold did bring a few giggles :lol:

It's been a few years since I've been out and about in the mini scene so a lot of people looked familiar but I just couldn't put names to the faces, so if I looked a little lost to anyone I'm not suprised.

krisp

I would have loved to go but it is SO FAR away from me. Just to check out the farm and the horses even if I couldnt buy.

Glad all who went had a good time and I look forward to hearing more about the horses and there new owners

Tami, I will be waiting for pictures
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: :bgrin I bet your excited about your new ones
default_yes.gif
: This sale is going to be on my TO DO list for next year :bgrin The picture of "The grand old man" he sure does look really good for his age.
default_wub.png
: Corinne

What did the golf carts go for? Any good buys on tack?

We drove all the way from Gerogia and it was defintely worth the trip!! We got 2 mares (one bred) and 3 colts for excellent prices. :aktion033: My husband loves the boys so I was lucky we only bought 3!! I think he would have bought them all, if he could! :new_shocked: We talked to a lot of great people, but I forgot to get names!! If any of you talked to a short dark haired woman in a brown jacket, a tall dark haired man in a dark brown jacket, or an older woman with short gray hair, please let me know!!! We were with my father in law who is in a wheelchair. I would love to know who I talked to!! Also, I have prices for lots 1-84, if you're interested email me at [email protected], and I'll give them to you.

Latest posts

Back