Little Help Please...Mare drooling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also do not call the vet for every "little" thing but in the situation you describe, at the least (as as been said) I would call him and ask him what to do. That's pretty much my starting point in situations I do not know how to treat or what is going on. My vets know I'm not "horse stupid" and if it's something they can diagnose over the phone and prescribe treatment, they do. They know if it's something they should come and look at in person, and I bet it's the same with your vet.
My thoughts exactly. I don't need to have a vet come out here very often--I can diagnose a lot of things on my own, & just call the vet & tell her what I see & what I'd like for meds & she has them ready when I go to pick them up. But, if it's something I'm not sure about I'll certainly call & discuss it & get her thoughts on it. If she thinks she should come out then she does; if she agrees it's a wait & see thing then that's what we do. When i call & say it's an emergency & I need her, she knows I mean it!!

Drooling is not normal--unless the horse has been eating clover--and I'd sure be calling the vet to ask for her opinion on what needs to be done.

How is your mare today???

Latest posts

Back