Linda's Benefit Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Just back from the benefit show for Linda, I'm sure there will be more posts soon enough. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for an awesome day. Thanks Makayla for getting this together, and to everyone else who made it a success, it is amazing what people can do for others when they need it and it feels so good to be able to help.
default_wub.png
It was nice to meet new people, I met Targetsmom from here on the forum and a few other folks as well. I also got to see my friends Karen Rudolph and Molly & Dru Crowell. And thank you Molly and your friend Makayla for helping out with the girls!

Had a lot of fun today and I know others did too! A big, huge, [SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU!!!!!![/SIZE]

default_cheekkiss.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Rebecca

Edited to add- I knew I was missing someone extremely important!
default_new_shocked.gif

Thank you Matt for being a great judge! You did a very good job and I enjoyed showing under you. Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joyce and I were there today and we had such a great time...THANK YOU to all who made this show such a success!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

NewMiniOwner--Covergirl looked great out there today!!!!

Glad to hear that the show was a success.... I have been thinking about it all day..... Wish I could have gone!

Do you have any pictures of Cover Girl???
default_smile.png
I am so glad that you have her and that she is loved!!! She is one lucky girl!!!

Thanks shelly, I was very proud of Covergirl, she did very well and she loved the kids that were leading her all over the place!
default_smile.png
My other mare Kassie did well too but she lived up to her nickname, Sassy Kassie, today!
default_wink.png

Kristina- I'll upload and post some pictures of Covergirl and their results on the photo forum, I am very proud of her, she has the best personality and I don't know if I told you but I'm currently training her to drive, she is ground driving beautifully. For a little rescue, this girl has talent and so much HEART!
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like you all had a great time!!! I really wanted to go but i had a 4H fair to attend so i couldn't, i really wanted to do the pole bending with Rain though. : P

The Linda Best benefit was awesome!!! Yes Rebecca, Your horses were awesome!!! You do such a great job showing!! Maybe you can give me some tips sometime!! Shelly and I are learning so much with each show we attend. She has an awesome stallion and I can't wait to see my foal from him that is in my mares belly right now and due around June 22nd! I just LOVE her stallion!!!! I have to add here that MATT was one OUSTANDING JUDGE!!! Matt, my hat is off to you! NOBODY can have any complaints about your judging!! When I finally get a mini to show, I would be honored to show under you! Congratulations to everybody that entered the show today! I'm new to minis this year and I've quickly learned how amazing you mini people are! I used to show big horses and the people were NOTHING like you people! Thank you all for being who you are! You are the BEST!!!!!

Joyce

Well, we took a bit longer to get home from the show, and a wrong turn didn't help. We had a great time and want to thank all those who contributed to the success of the show. I finally got to meet Makayla, who did an outanding job of pulling this together!!!! I got to see many other forum members too, but missed Shelly and Joyce - give me a clue - where were you????

Gary and I also thought that Matt did an outstanding job judging!!!

We were very proud of Ruby who was in only her second horse show, and was shown by Gary, me, and Cassidy (from Casnosminis) in a whole lot of classes!! How did you like her catch in liberty? I even got to drive her in a class with Linda Best, which of course Linda won, even if Fred is still in Tulsa.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone involved!!!

So Sorry I missed the show!
default_no.gif
I have been planning on going to this for weeks........

One of my kittys had been sick the last few days and had to go to the vets again this morning.

I am glad it was such a huge success! Wish I could have been there.

So Sorry I missed the show!
default_no.gif
I have been planning on going to this for weeks........One of my kittys had been sick the last few days and had to go to the vets again this morning.

I am glad it was such a huge success! Wish I could have been there.
I Had a great time at the show, I also thought Matt did a great Job Judging. Loved seeing the Best Family and Mary, karen, Diane and Joyce not to mention alot of others (basically everyone
default_smile.png
) I tried driving besides having a couple of nervous momments it went well. Makala did a great Job organizing the show and everyone that participated seemed like they had a great time. Can't wait to see everyone again!!! Would love to see the pictures of the show if anyone has any?

Frank

Thanks for all the compliments folks! Even if my attire wasn't exactly up to par
default_wacko.png
It was great judging all those horses, really great horses! I guess the plan is to make this an annual thing and it is going to be switched to a Spring show, but I am sure Makayla will have more info on that later, but for now she deserves a break. She really was the backbone of this project, and she did a great job. It was great seeing everyone there! The turnout was more than any of us could have hoped for, so thank you all for coming.

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for coming and participating in this awesome, very successful Ribbons for Linda benefit show. We had a lot of exhibitors as well as spectators. We enjoyed the company of old friends and enjoyed meeting new friends. There were a lot of people that found this show a great opportunity to get themselves in the ring for the first time and a lot of “big horse” people that had no idea what a miniature horse show was all about and found it fascinating.

In addition to the standard classes, we had a new class “Hands-free Obstacle”, which was a huge hit and a lot of fun. Kim Best won the class with Shadow performing the class almost flawlessly. It was amazing to watch. Courtney’s foal, Max, was hysterical in the class. He was a total ham and had everyone laughing.

Special thank you to Karen (aka DreamlandNH) for her excellent multitasking abilities from running the secretary’s booth, to announcing the winners, to doing anything else thrown at her all at the same time.

Diana (aka Diana) for managing the exhibitors, coordinating the events and keeping us all sane.

Matt (aka Matt_Drown) for the judging of our classes and providing the sound system. I heard many folks talking about how fair and attentive he was. He was really wonderful with the kids in the fun classes too. Many of them were very young and had never shown before and he took the time to make sure they understood exactly what they needed to do and they had fun doing it.

Jen (Normajeanbaker) for playing the liberty music, preparing the prizes for each class, and creating the beautiful video of Linda Best and her family. It was very moving and uplifting.

Sue of River Gait Farm for donating her facility on her beautiful piece of property and her overall support. It was the perfect location. Her boarders all chipped in too and helped get the facility ready which was so nice of them.

Tom (Sue's boyfriend) and "Lindsey Rose Catering" for bringing not only the traditional show foods, but for the thoughtfulness in bringing breakfast, lunch and snack foods. Special thanks for the excellent Legal Seafood Chowder and sandwich wraps. The food was delicious!

Michelle of "Shutterbug Shea" for all of the photographs of the event and exhibitors. It will help us all to remember this special day. I plan to post the link to the photos when she has them up. She does a great job.

The Horseman’s Yankee Pedlar and The Journal for writing great articles in the September Issue about Linda Best and promoting our event.

To all those who donated products and prizes for the silent auction, raffle and enough prizes for every the class. Everyone was excited about the variety of useful prices we had to offer.

My parents for supporting me in all that it took to pull this off.

And finally to all of you for being as generous as you were with your time and all your gifts.

Makayla

Makayla,

You did such an [SIZE=36pt]awesome[/SIZE]job and made the show very smooth and organized!!!! I hope it turns out that we can have it be an annual spring event...the more local shows the better!!!!! Thank you again to [SIZE=18pt]ALL[/SIZE] who made this show a success for Linda and for everyone!

Shelly

Yes, Makayla! What a girl!!!!! She did one HECK of a job with this show!!!!!

So young in age, yet more giving, caring, hard working and compassionate than most adults I've ever known.

Makayla is an asset to the Miniature Horse World for sure!

Sue, congratulations on raising such a wonderful young lady!
default_thumbup.gif

Oh, that show was just fantastic!
default_aktion033.gif
I haven't attended a show just to watch in around maybe 3 or 4 years, and it was a pleasure. We bought a LOAD of raffle tickets for the cause and simply had a blast. Matt was right on with everything as far as I can tell, and I didn't hear one complaint about ANYTHING the entire day. Awesome job, everyone, especially Makayla, for making such a wonderful show possible.

Bless your hearts for this wonderful event to help Linda. It sounds like it was a huge success..can't wait for pics.

Makayla you did an awsome job. Matt- you also did wonderfully. Cassidy had a blast. She's only showed big horses so this was nice for her to try her hand at too. I think I would even like to do some fun classes next year, with one or all of ours. That all depends on if I sell Smarty and Bell. I think I will deffinatly work with Honey Pie and bring her next year. My husband who isn't into even going to the shows was very interested in maybe doing the liberty class with me. If I have MAry's permission I'll post some pics I took of Ruby, Cassidy, Mary, and Gary.

I know I didn;t really intor duce my self to anyone, but I had some nice conversations with people. Cassidy had some long stemmed roses that she gave Mary and 2 to Linda. She said she would like to do this again and maybe with her own next year.

Thanks again for a wonderful show and with more time and more flyers around we couild probably get more. Let me know when it is and get some flyers out to me and I'll post them around this end of the state and try to get some others to come. Another suggestion would be to have some vendors at the show next year.

Christy

Sure you have my permission to post photos of Ruby and whoever else is in the picture with her. Thank you so much for the rose. It was a pleasure seeing Cassidy having so much fun with Ruby. I think more horse shows are in Ruby's future - and Cassidy's too it sounds like. She is a great kid.

Thanks. You have a email coming to you with pics, I'll post the ones from photobucket on the picture forum.

thanks again,

christy

Sure you have my permission to post photos of Ruby and whoever else is in the picture with her. Thank you so much for the rose. It was a pleasure seeing Cassidy having so much fun with Ruby. I think more horse shows are in Ruby's future - and Cassidy's too it sounds like. She is a great kid.

*First Time posting*

I just wanted to say that i had a great time at the show, it was my very first with my backyard mini who i decided I would make into a show mini for a weekend. It was great meeting all of you and I hope this show helps out Linda. I'm thinking about getting my little guy registered and going to a couple shows here and there, well once I'm not so clueless but hey for rookies we did pretty good!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back