Lexus :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I posted a pic of Willow on here a few days ago, but didn't snap a good one of Lex. She's 6+ months along with her second foal
default_smile.png
She's bred to Triple K's Double Your Destiny
default_biggrin.png
Yes, that's her winter coat
default_wacko.png
So far, no shivering. I'm hoping I can get away with not using a blanket on her at all this winter (once it goes on, it pretty much has to stay on).

DSCF00053-1.jpg

And here's one of both Lex and Willow
default_smile.png

DSCF00072.jpg

Love the contrasting colors... look like HAPPY minis!

Pretty ladies Matt! Does Lexus usually get really cold? I have a filly who is a cold frog and hardly grows any hair..

Does Willow have white socks? So pretty!

Pretty ladies Matt! Does Lexus usually get really cold? I have a filly who is a cold frog and hardly grows any hair..

Does Willow have white socks? So pretty!

Thanks Helen
default_smile.png

Lexus usually starts shivering at -5 celsius. I slap a blanket on her, then, and it pretty much has to stay on until March or April
default_wacko.png
So far, I haven't needed to blanket her; when it's been really windy and cold they stay in with the barn closed up and lots of straw. Maybe she's getting tougher and I won't need to blanket her this year
default_yes.gif

Yes, Willow has a right rear stocking, left rear sock (fetlock), and both fronts have socks
default_smile.png

Back