Let's see your "turnout"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
Someone has to get the ball rolling but I am NOT volunteering to moderate...

Here is Aloha Acres Fashion By Magic, a 5 year old 32" mare at her first ADS Pleasure Show in August. This is the same mare featured in the Lil Beginnings ad this month; that photo was taken at a CDE clinic in June.

As I mentioned on another thread, there are a lot of thing wrong with this turnout, several of which have been fixed. That can be a whole 'nother discussion!

2009-08-02044.jpg

Let's see yours!!!

I'll play. Here's mine:

BuckWheat is a 33.75" 3 yr old who I have trained myself. He has been hitched now since late June/ Early July:

373139270.jpg

And Wish is a 5 yr old 34" mare who I recently hitched at the end of Sept. I am very proud of them both.

376266242.jpg

Who's next?
default_rolleyes.gif
I want to see everyone's driving horses!!! Including your new guy Leia!
default_smile.png

H,

What a great forum!

here is my mare who has been broke to drive for a little while, just doesn't have enough miles on her to say that she is "finished." If anyone spots anything wrond with the turn out, please let me know. She is an inbetween size, and I have been having some issues with getting the cart fitted properly. Also, sorry for the small pictures. They are the only ones I have for now.

6.jpg

3.jpg

Amanda

OOOOOH! A driving forum!

I will play!

Here are a few of my mare Deja, I broke her to drive a year and a half ago now and she was in training with Patty Cloke for 3 months this year and will be with her for the entire show season next year. This is her 3rd show ever, so she still has quite a bit of finishing left to do!

Cheers!

GrabbedFrame61.jpg

GrabbedFrame62.jpg

GrabbedFrame64.jpg

GrabbedFrame65.jpg

First and foremost is my special boy, MiLo's Willie Be Good, who I have driven in everything from parades to fun drives, breed shows to pleasure shows, trials and CDE's. He has won at everything he puts his heart to. He is absolutely AMAZING at cones - THE most athletic horse I have ever had the pleasure to drive.
default_biggrin.png
Can you tell I love him?

WilliepleasureE.jpg

Marathon1.jpg

Marathon2.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

Headonly.jpg

This is Rocky who got sick and tired of boring show ring driving although he won consistantly and so went on to excel at Pleasure shows! Dressage is his forte!

RockyTriC.jpg

RockyPl.jpg

This is my sweet mare Dream winning her country pleasure class at the National Area 2 show. She doesn't have the mind for silly things like obstacles or cones
default_no.gif

Dreamdrive.jpg

This is my most recent project, Polk. He is only 3 so hasn't seen any real action yet although he is driving. I expect that he will be every bit as much horse as Willie is when he comes into his own. Has an awesome mind and the best walk of any horse I know. I am VERY excited to get him out showing next year.

Polkpose.jpg

Oooh! Some of these photos are TEENY! Sorry!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures here yet either. I'm always the one driving and no one has been able to take a few pictures while I drive.

Here's my girl, Rosa Roca's Run For The Roses, at a show in Ada, OK.
rosieforad-1.jpg

OOO!!! (bouces on seat) ! LOVE driving!

Here's my girl, Field of Dreams Pretty in Pink. This was last year, her SECOND time ever in the arena!

And my heart horse: JEM Canadian Sunrise. He does EVERYTHING! In the showring:

In a parade:

Out at a fun-day CDE:

Lucy

Here is Suzy with my Hyperbike and Ozark pleasure harness.

P1010224-1-2-2.jpg

Locita with my Chimicum sport harness and EE. This was the first year that I have been able to work with her consistently, basically her first year driving. This was in the early spring, when she was still quite green.

SANY1208.jpg

At the National Drive Leia and I played around with putting them togeather as a tandem (ok, Leia did all the work, I just supplied the horses and enjoyed the ride
default_laugh.png
) They did really well, and it was a lot of fun!

10232_1066994053776_1793810340_1434.jpg

Photo by Larry Porter

I dont have any pics of my guy driving yet. Still gotta get a good harness. Im borrowing one for now.
default_smile.png

Having trouble loading a pic
default_no.gif

Erick competed successfully in breed shows, Pleasure shows and CDEs in 2009. Next year I hope to travel to the US for breed shows and the Ohio CDE.

Erick in Dressage

Glencameron5-0020.jpg

Glencameron3-0040.jpg

Cross country

ErickXC2.jpg

ErickXC3.jpg

Awesome a driving forum!!

Here's my girl, Country Acres Pickin Wild Flowers, aka Roxy.
default_wub.png
She's a 4 year old. I started her ground driving last year and got her in the cart this year. These pics were taken at the same show grounds at two different shows. First and third time driving in a ring. I drive her alot along the road near my house, I think it makes for a better minded driving horse.

If you see anything wrong with the hitching please let me know. The first two pics I was using an over check on her, I have now switched to a side check and love it.

100_0577.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0592.jpg

Becky M.

Here's Hawk in Cones at our first CDE in September:

9929_135465116975_531951975_3099890_3817150_n.jpg

And in a Roadster class in June:

8729_137361586882_125179066882_2979384_8203285_n.jpg

Duke in Country Pleasure:

8729_137361576882_125179066882_2979383_8197687_n.jpg

Well this is my first year that I've really been driving at the shows. I've had a blast and still have a lot to learn! One of the things I like about driving is I get to wear hats!!!
default_smile.png
I'm not the only one either!! I have 2 other friends that have more different hats and outfits and they're always trying to out do each other. It's really quite fun!

This is me and Bubba! Feel free to critique....I can use all the help I can get!
default_smile.png
You'll notice that the arena isn't packed like they do in AMHA.

BubbaDrive3.jpg

Bubbadrive1-1.jpg

And one of me, Diane(Minxie's mom on the forum) and Joni waiting to go into our class.

100_3850.jpg

Just stumbled upon the driving forum... How long has it been here?? I think its a great idea! And great topic, Mary!

Here are a few of my "kids".... Absolutely love driving!

Mariah1.jpg

Madi3-1.jpg

DSC_05032a.jpg

Latest posts

Back