Lets See your Shetlands!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirenFarms

Reaction score
well i have recently fallen in love with Shetlands. Moderns especially and would love to see all you ponies!

post away!

Here are my shetland/miniature kids...... all are (or will be) in the 37-38" range.

MKK China Doll - weanling filly

e7a0d9aa.jpg

MKK Kankakee Kolor - yearling filly

ea8c6958.jpg

Plattes Deception Perfected - 2 y/o filly

e795bd5a.jpg

Grassmere's Jazz Singer - aged stallion

ea1a3047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1561.jpg

Here is my sweet shetland pony, he is 11 months old and I've named him Cherub. He follows me around

like a pup, I am totally besotted with him
default_yes.gif
:

I am new to the world of horses so please be patient with me. Travis, is my shetland pony a 'modern' or a

'classic'??? I have looked at so many photos of both the modern and the classic shetland and quite frankly I

am still at a loss as to what category my pony falls under. Some photos of classics that I have seen basically

look like a miniature horse and yet I have seen photos of moderns that also look more like miniature horses;

I stumbled upon one website that shows the 'classics' to be shorter in the leg and more like my pony but that's

the only website that I have found to describe the classics as looking like shetlands, most other photos that I

have seen appear to be more like miniature horses; I was always under the impression that shetlands had

a heavier set look about them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, I just love your horses....I just have to ask - is China Doll a shetland pony or a miniature horse?

Here are my four shetland girls, all are ASPC/AMHR registered.

Irish Hills Wa-Full Benita, daughter of HOF Superior mare Wa-Full Benihana.

benitasite-1.jpg

Hites LW My O' My - 2 year old (Graham breeding top & bottom, cousin/sister to Hula)

mia.jpg

Snowberry Farms My Sharona - yearling daughter of Michigan's Sharp As A Tack (2x HOF, Multi National, Congress & World Champion and the 2007 National Grand Champion Park Harness Over horse)

sh091607.jpg

Graham's Hula Girl At Heart - yearling

hulasm.jpg

i have quite a few
default_smile.png

Patches our ASPC modern pleasure mare bred to black for next year

patchesshow-214x151-285x202.jpg

Ten L's Tigers Back in Black Foundation ASPC/AMHR our herdsire

blackatnationslCrop-323x195.jpg

Owsley Fork Flirtation ASPC/AMHR

flirt-356x254.jpg

Baxters Just Teasin Ya (daughter to flirt) ASPC/AMHR

teaseeating-390x285.jpg

hp jerichos peaceable Star ASPC/AMHR bred to black

StarrifzDM05-258x206.jpg

Baxters silver promise aspc/amhr

promisetrot-260x271.jpg

Jet aspc gelding

notice-303x287.jpg

Not pictured wauk a way prairie princess aspc

Last edited:
Well Travis - although you said post all of them - figure I had better not do that as we have over 50 aspc/amhr horses.

Here are a few who are all aspc/amhr

Todd - who has been tagged as a hopeful for a future herdsire

todd0703.jpg

Image who is 100% arenosa and a Papo son (34 inches) also tagged as a hopeful for a future herdsire

image071.jpg

Lee who is one of the herdsires
default_wub.png
:

lee05ee_small.jpg

Vanilla

Images' girlfriend in the near future

Vanilla07_small.jpg

Cindy

Who had a great nationals this year and is 35 inches tall

cindy07_small.jpg

TKO

A colt whom it is very possible that he carries every pinto pattern - splash,sabino,tobiano and Frame who also had a great show year

tina07colt_small.jpg

Wait

A papo son who won National Champion this year in his division

wait0701_small.jpg

Red Hot

Who is Images Full sister

min07filly04_small.jpg

Its All about Me

An A division Papo Daughter

gems07filly01_small.jpg

Classical Elegance

Who has had a great show career every year since 2004 including this years Nationals

elly05_small1.jpg

I had better stop now
default_wub.png
:

These are the two shetlands on my show string ....

Royal Salsa -Foundation Sr Gelding. Congress Top 10

102_2761.jpg

Alpha Farms Magical Melody -3/4th sister to Alpha Farms Classical Bobcat. Sire is Buckeye WCF Classical Magic (Lee Son and Congress champion AND Congress/world champion producer) and out of Buckeye WCF Bobcat Melody (maternal sister to Classical Muzak, Miss Ohio and many others. She was World Jr Champion and Congress Reserve Champion 2x in the MP division). She is currently a weanling and is in the futurity for next year. I am so very excited to own this filly! She should mature 44''. She is a half sister to the colt Kay posted 'Jet'.

12-2.jpg

H00482_AlphaFarmsMagicMelody_200709.jpg

H00479_AlphaFarmsMagicMelody_200709.jpg

Hi,

Here is my only equine at the moment, KS Just To fancy. She is a full-blooded shetland who looks to be about 35" tall. I will be hardshipping her next year into the AMHR divison.

fancymar06.jpg

fancymar062.jpg

fancy.jpg

fancytrot.jpg

Amanda

Adam, I just love your horses....I just have to ask - is China Doll a shetland pony or a miniature horse?
China Doll is a 32" shetland - her parents are both in the process of being hardshipped, so she will be AMHR registered as well.

Thanks for the comments on my kids - we love them all!

Adam, in a couple years that stallion of yours Grassmere's Jazz Singer just might have to have a date with my filly ;). I remember seeing pictures of him a few months ago but could not remember who owned him. I looove him!

Adam, in a couple years that stallion of yours Grassmere's Jazz Singer just might have to have a date with my filly ;). I remember seeing pictures of him a few months ago but could not remember who owned him. I looove him!
Definitely keep him in mind! We have a few mares bred to him for 2008 and we are SOOOO excited. We will be standing him to only a few outside mares each year.

Oh I have admired the Moderns for a long while, just never really committed to them since there aren't that many at all here in southern California.

I've switched and sold my minis, to get the Moderns.

Currently I have:

Country's Etched With Class (HOF) my senior mare by National Grand Champion modern halter "Michigan's Rambo HOF"

Cassieapril.JPG
cassieaug06.JPG

MB's Aftershock, 2007 colt by National Grand Champion fine harness "The Duke Of Royal Manor"

QuakeAug07.JPG

And my newest modern, she's not here yet...

Perfection Of Brush Creek, who is a Ramble Ridge Rocket granddaughter on both sides

pearl2.jpg

I am excited to show them all in Modern Pleasure this coming year. I am having a LOT of fun with the Moderns and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about them. They are WAY more horse than the minis, make the minis seem boring...

Andrea

TKO

A colt whom it is very possible that he carries every pinto pattern - splash,sabino,tobiano and Frame who also had a great show year

tina07colt_small.jpg
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I was browsing Getitia's website today and had to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I LOVE this guy!

I only own one Shetland right now but because of her I have fallen in love with the breed and hope to have another one soon. This is my 37" ASPC/AMHR mare, Sonara's Little Exotica. She is on my show string for next year.

Exotica.jpg

Exotica2.jpg

Here's only a few "snap shots" of some of our Arenosa Classic Shetlands -- just off pasture, none in show shape. All are registered with ASPC and AMHR.

This is Bristol El Dorado, our senior stallion.

ElDorado7-02-4.jpg

This is AClassic Touch Poco De Echo, our junior stallion.

Pocosmall2.jpg

Mini V Dorado's Diamonte (Diamond in Spanish)

DIAMONTEJumpingAug62007025.jpg

Mini V Poco's Chispita (Little Sparkle in Spanish)

Sparkle3.jpg

This is my 43" ASPC Classic Shetland gelding, JC's Blaze Of Glory.

bg.jpg

Latest posts

Back