Let's See Your Kitty Cats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see our forum member's cats! These are the cats that Harvey and I are daddy and mommy to
default_wub.png

First is Keeper, who we've had since he was a kitten and he's a huge Maine Coon. He's about 10 now:

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Keeper---Cats----111409---005.jpg

Then there's Paisley who is 2yo. We adopted her from the shelter's window at Petsmart. She's a medium hair dilute calico and VERY playful and sweet. Paisley is little, weighing only about 5 pounds. She and Keeper are BFF's, and she is our dogs' favorite cat:

Paisley--February-2010--3.jpg

Paisley---11142009---006.jpg

And last but not least (she's a big girl) is Sookie. Sookie is a 2yo Maine Coon we adopted from the shelter's window at Petsmart. When I walked by, she reached out like to play with her paws and had all these big tufts of fur inbetween her toes. Just too cute and friendly not to give a chance. She and I are really attached to each other now. I've since learned black cats are the least likely to be adopted but what first struck me when I looked at Sookie is how beautiful she is (at least to me). Her coat is just pitch black and her eyes look like jewels. I thought she was the prettiest cat I'd ever seen:

Sookie---04272010----004.jpg

Sookie---04182010---First-Full-Day-023.jpg

Let's see your feline family members!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, love the acrobat cat..

Here is Nemo, is our barn cat, but as you see he scoots in the house at least once a day.. Asked hubby where Nemo is, and he said in the rec room, scooted in again.. so went down to see, and was just getting up from a nap on our pool table.. Such a nice barn cat..
default_wacko.png
Just taken a few minutes ago...

Nemo.jpg

Nemo1.jpg

Nemo2.jpg

Nemo3.jpg

This is Hobbz. (XMat #FAIL, btw - it was supposed to keep him OFF my new leather sofa)

fc0b38.jpg

Harley Quinn as a kitten... I don't have an updated pic on this pc:

2iag9he.jpg

Such Beautiful cats everyone has!

Hobbz, is impressive he likes to lay on a bed of nails, I know how ouchy those mats are! Silly kitty.

This is Nari, she is a Main Coon.

narilayingontractorsitting26march2010.jpg

Mia,, doing what she loves.

miaandI.jpg

Mia is also the model to many of my paintings.

urban_jungle_speckcase-p176166689638772723vu9uh_325.jpg

And Sadie... All are fixed and I got them from either the local shelter or rescue.

sadielickingpaw.jpg

Everyone has so many beautiful kitties!!!!

I only have one cat..I adopted her when I was 8..I'm now 17. She is my baby
default_wub.png
Her name is "Pumpkin" yes I do realize she is black and white.
default_laugh.png
I was young and when I went to pick out a kitten at the shelter I had my heart set on getting an orange cat and naming it Pumpkin. But I fell in love with a beautiful little black and white kitten. Somehow the name stuck. So now here is "Pumpkin" a healthy 10yr American Shorthair. I do however plan on adopted another kitten sometime...this time getting an orange one and naming it Oreo
default_biggrin.png

This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken...and it's my favorite of her.

Here she is "Bird Watching"

bflx4w.jpg

And this pic shows you just how smart my girl is...here she is with her reading glasses on reading her favorite book
default_laugh.png

14e2auw.jpg

Ohhhh such beautiful kitties.

We have a few. Flatbroke have you tried softpaws? They'd save that leather sofa of some scratches.

May I ask, wat kind of cat is Harley Quinn?

The colors look like Siamese yet the body so elegant doesn't look like Siamese.

Will try taking pictures of ours in a few days. We have several

First, we have Jake, the main hunter kitty on our farm. He is 14 years old. He is kind of shy for pictures, but he looks just like Jill's keeper.

357559536.jpg

Then there's Katie Kitty, who is 13 years old. She is such a good cat in that she wants to be wherever we are all the time. She is a great barn cleaner supervisor as well as a lap warmer every time one of us sits down. She not much of a mouser, but she takes her lap sitting duties very seriously. Here she is being silly outside.

357559534.jpg

Both are pound kitties. I would LOVE to have a barn kitty, but I want one to show up here who is savvy to the things that are in our neighborhood, rather than just go get another one at the pound, so I keep waiting. Who ever heard of a barn that didn't have excess cats show up? I've been waiting 5 years!

This is Hobbz. (XMat #FAIL, btw - it was supposed to keep him OFF my new leather sofa)

fc0b38.jpg
Oh my goodness Tara, I love this picture
default_smile.png
That is just hilarious. We haven't had problems with any of our three cats clawing the furniture, but they are offered a sisal rope pole and a cardboard floor thingy specifically for them to scratch and we put a little bit of catnip on those every so often. It satisfies their urges and they don't claw the leather or anything, there are just a very few small scratches from when they race across the furniture when they play. I also keep their claws trimmed a little bit with nail clippers, just to take the sharpest part off.

36899_107241815993198_100001221413480_46866_3455066_n.jpg

Above is "Jax" (calico rescued at six weeks old as a feral caught) and "Moto" (blue cream tortie rescued from shelter)... the calico is the crazy one and the blue cream is sweet, cuddly, and lazy

46843_122586054458774_100001221413480_129769_6354033_n.jpg

Above is "Am" (older lady who didn't want to be a barn cat any more, she wanted the spoiled life, had a brother named "Si"). Our cats are indoor cats and sleep on our beds all day long.

I love my kitties!

Andrea

Here are my cats. They both came from the shelter I work at.

Kona

20772_1326948220530_1435651841_30936022_1526940_n.jpg

Coopurr

164810_1827350250268_1435651841_32118555_8068157_n.jpg

And our Barn Cat Midnight who we found

20772_1326947060501_1435651841_30935996_4303959_n.jpg

Harley Quinn is a papered siamese - a seal point. That photo was taken when she was young, but she's darkened up in the body since then. I've had seal points since I was a little girl and I can't imagine not having one in the house!

As for Hobbz, he's such a strange cat. He sleeps on those stupid mats all the time now. I have used Soft Paws before and they work well, but are a pain in the butt to keep up with. Fortunately they don't claw or scratch the sofas but when they jump up on them, their claws tend to pierce the leather and leave tiny holes that no one but me could possibly notice. But *I* do notice it! And it drives me nuts.

Everyone has gorgeous kitties!!! Love them all.

This is a kitten that I got from my friend. She's a vet tech and had this kitten and another at the clinic after they were found at aroudn 3 weeks of age. She is super super sweet...so I had to keep her
default_rolleyes.gif
Tabitha is now a barn kitty that keeps our other barn cat, Blackie, company. Blackie
default_wub.png
's her like crazy. Tabitha loves Lexus and sleeps in her stall with her
default_wub.png

DSCF0058-4.jpg

Seth (one of Jasmine's kittens from her last litter...now owned by a client)

DSCF0070-3.jpg

Seamus is our year old registered mitted chocolate point Ragdoll stud
default_wub.png

DSCF0050-3.jpg

Casey is our 5 year old flame point Himalayan. He's such a laid-back, happy cat. He's so used to seeing cats and kittens come and go. He's a great playmate for the kittens
default_wub.png

005-1.jpg

Casey11.jpg

LyingintheSun.jpg

We also own two Ragdoll females. Jenna is a seal point and Jasmine is a mitted seal point. I don't have any pics of them, though. So, altogether, our cat family consists of Blackie, Tabitha, Casey, Seamus, Jenna, and Jasmine
default_smile.png

Continued

OUTSIDE KITTIES (locked in the garage at night)

ButterScotch

mar10011.jpg

Brownie

trial017.jpg

Poppy

trial008.jpg

TomTom (one of our 2 come&go toms)

DSCF2609.jpg

We lost one of the outside kitties to feline leukemia this year. RIP Riffle
default_bye-sad.gif

Here are the inside cats. There are way to many outside cats to take pics, nor can I get that close.

First is Jerry,I got him a few summers agoa after he was stuffed in a tiny crate, under a table where their was no breeze in almost 100 degree heat. An he was in there with his long black haired brother. He looked next to dead when I got him. HE is an indoor outdoor cat.

167753_10150137567086153_735241152_8063712_4724694_n.jpg

HEre is JR. He is almost 6 months, and I am counting down the days till he goes in and gets fixed. That will be a happy day!

168582_10150137567266153_735241152_8063714_1279308_n.jpg

This is Patty. She is about 5 years old, indoor out door cat. Best hunter we have. She pretty much hides out in the basement when in the house. She likes to sleep in the chair that is fairly close to the wood stove.She is also the one the neighbor threats to kill because she goes over there, yet he feeds her and lets her in his house.

167597_10150137567446153_735241152_8063716_507017_n.jpg

And last but not least here is Sami. She is 5 months and also counting down the days to getting fixed. Her mom disappeared when she was about a month old. We finished bottle feeding her and she has stayed here. She is my annoying sucker.

166451_10150137567606153_735241152_8063719_1184536_n.jpg

Casey is our 5 year old flame point Himalayan. He's such a laid-back, happy cat. He's so used to seeing cats and kittens come and go. He's a great playmate for the kittens
default_wub.png
I
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub Casey!!!

Here's my gang:

Buster (with Moxie)-who I rescued from a horse barn about 10 years ago now. He's an indoor/outdoor cat...he thinks he's one of the corgis....

Misfit a 3 year old Himalayan/Ragdoll cross that I got from Matt, who was raised with a litter of corgis. She is strictly an indoor cat and fights with the outside cats through the glass patio door!! It's hilarious!

And then the two partners in crime...Sparta & Ike (aka Peaches). Sparta is just over a year old, and Ike is just under a year old. Both were found in our barn, and are related.....somehow. They play with each other (and Misfit too) like crazy and sound like a herd of elephants running through the house

Sparta checking out Christmas ornaments

Ike helping decorate the tree

Plus several outside/barn cats.....

~kathryn

Thanks, Kathryn
default_smile.png
Casey is our little baby, for sure
default_wub.png
Misfit looks great! So pretty. Loving everyone's cat pics
default_yes.gif

I love seeing everyones adorable cats and looks like quite a few are characters!!
default_laugh.png

This is Bosco

209.jpg

And Peanut

134.jpg

001-4.jpg

I call them Brothers from other mothers

022.jpg

I love them both very much and could not imagine my life with out them. Bosco is 7 and Peanitty bitty is 4. Bosco wakes me up EVERY morning at exactly 6:30am to get some food, no matter what! Pea loves to snuggle! He's on my lap right now as I type!! LOL! I adore them!

Matt, I LOVE Casey
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Back