Pretty Pic Of Our New HUGE Long Hair Black Cat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Sookie's (rhymes with cookie's) really coming out of her shell. We adopted her nearly 2wks ago from our local shelter (through their Petsmart adoption center). She had been with the shelter since OCTOBER!!! She was really scared when we first got her home but is really coming around and she love love loves people. I think based on her hair coat, facial shape, size, voice and paws that she is either Maine Coon or mostly Maine Coon (we've owned another Maine Coon for 10yrs).

So far, she and Paisley, our other rescue kitty, are not on the most friendly of terms. However, Paisley keeps making overtures and seems to want to be Sookie's BFF. Hopefully that will be in the cards but at any rate, there have not been any fights.

Thanks for looking!

Sookie:

Sookie---04272010----004.jpg

And so she doesn't feel left out, Paisley, who we adopted last November in the same fashion:

Paisley--February-2010--3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww.....They BOTH are lovely.
default_wub.png

Your new one, Sookie, has a lot going on in that brain of her's. She has some memories she's dealing with, PLUS trying to take in her new home.

The fact that she's sending the message: "Give me time"....tells me she's going to be just fine for you AND Paisley.

Jill, keep letting Sookie know she is HOME and not going ANYWHERE....and more importantly - she is SAFE. (I think that last part is important to her.)

Maryann

Thanks you two
wub.gif

MA -- I keep telling Sookie she's "safe" and she won't ever have to leave us! Maybe I was picking up on what is on her mind. In the past few days, she's made huge progress w/ wanting to be in whatever room we're in and with telling the dogs not to mess w/ her. The dogs take Sookie seriously when she tells them to back off, but the dogs don't take Paisley very seriously yet (she needs to smack them one I think!). Sookie's quite a bit bigger than Watson LOL!

I'm thinking of her almost all the time -- really just clicking with her in a special way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you two
wub.gif

MA -- I keep telling Sookie she's "safe" and she won't ever have to leave us! Maybe I was picking up on what is on her mind.

I'm thinking of her almost all the time -- really just clicking with her in a special way.

Jill, It sounds like you are indeed "clicking" with her. Awesome.

You have 2 Very pretty kitties! Black kitties have a tough time finding homes so
default_wub.png
"Thanks"
default_wub.png
for taking her! My dad has a big black one that looks just like Sookie named Max. He's a very unique cat! My dad brushes him ALL THE TIME!!!! Max will sit on my dad's lap and block the tv wanting to be brushed! It's funny!! Enjoy your new journey with both your kitties!!! They are beautiful!!

They are both beautiful Jill! And are very lucky to have found a good home, in time Sookie will come to know that. Just doing what you are doing already and she will give you full trust.

Thanks, folks
default_wub.png
I really love both Sookie and Paisley, and our "old" cat, Keeper, too.

Keeper had always been more Harvey's cat, but when we decided to get a new cat (turned out to be Paisley), I told him I loved him, but I wanted a cat that loved me as much as he loves Harvey. I swear, ever since then, which was around last October -- before we even found Paisley, he has been my BFF! He is usually right beside me, vs. Harvey. It is either very eerie and he understood what I said OR it is very pitiful and he waited all those years for me to really talk to him and pay a period of one on one attention to him!

With Sookie, though, it's pretty special. Winston had been my big time golden child best friend pet when we had him, but we lost him over a year and a half ago. We got Watson and he has done as much as any dog could to fill Winston's shoes. Now when I'm on my way home, I usually think how I can't wait to see Watson and pet him and I am also thinking that about Sookie now. I love all our pets, but Watson is like big time #1. Sookie is reaching that level of special, too.

AND, I sure didn't think I'd want a black cat. When I'd see listings for black cats on PetFinder, I just scrolled past them. Then when we were in Petsmart and I saw her, I thought she was the prettiest cat I'd ever seen! Her eyes just shown like jewels and she reached her paw out to the glass to play with my hand, and has all these long tufts of fur between her toes
default_smile.png
It was kinda all she wrote and we had to meet her close up and decided to bring her home. I don't think she paid much attention to the memo that said she's supposed to be a playmate for Paisley, but maybe that will come to pass. If not, I guess, Paisley eventually will outgrow most of her kitten-playful stuff?
default_biggrin.png

You have 2 Very pretty kitties! Black kitties have a tough time finding homes so
default_wub.png
"Thanks"
default_wub.png
for taking her! My dad has a big black one that looks just like Sookie named Max. He's a very unique cat! My dad brushes him ALL THE TIME!!!! Max will sit on my dad's lap and block the tv wanting to be brushed! It's funny!! Enjoy your new journey with both your kitties!!! They are beautiful!!

Jill,

Leya is very correct......Black kitties AND black dogs/pups tend not to be adopted as quickly. I work at our local shelter and it's sad but common knowledge.

So PEOPLE - take a second look at those black dogs and cats with their big eyes when you go to a shelter!!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back