Lets See Your Big Guys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Ravens older pony Star she is about 13.2 and about 24-25 years old taken last year

starraven3.jpg

Of course I finally found a broke broke broke POA 9 yr old 14.1 hands for Raven now to come up with money

All are beautiful! I particularly love your mare
default_wink.png
Love that last photo. I can't see Saddlebred in her at all.

Here is my Dutch WB / Hanoverian / ASB mare named Amirah. AKA my dream dressage horse.She is 4 years old, I just broke her this spring, and she is doing great!!
default_wub.png

This girl can trot like no tomorrow!!
default_new_shocked.gif
She just moves like a dream.

She has a very puppy dog personality, just a ham.

I love her.

lila.jpg

lilahead.jpg

lila2.jpg

Thank you!
default_wub.png
She is my little chunky-monkey

Her sire is a Saddlebred, but he is more of a old type. He is the palomino, from the Wing Commander line.

She definitely looks more Warmbloody, but when she gets exited, her ASB comes out! LOL

her sire

amirahsire1.jpg

amirahsire2.jpg

Her Dutch WB / Hanoverian dam at Devon.

amirahdam.jpg

and another of my girl

amirah2.jpg

Ok, I'm sorry, I am done. I promise!!
default_unsure.png

Beautifuly horses! I love that Welsh filly & POA. I want one of either of those so much! In fact I have to Welsh ponies picked out, but no $$ to buy them yet.
default_sad.png

I stil
default_wub.png
to show off my "biggies"!

"Annie" (21 year old Quarter Horse mare), my soulmate in horse form:

AnnieHead.jpg

And her (12 year old Paint Horse gelding) son, "Rio":

Rio2.jpg

default_biggrin.png
Okay okay. This is a fairly old post and I did post pics of my new guy on a separate thread, but...I'm just so excited and so wanted to post on here.

I've been looking for the perfect horse (for me and what I'm looking for) for a while now. The last time I owned a biggie was about 12 years ago. I boarded both thoroughbreds (a hunter and a jumper) at a fancy A Circuit barn
default_rolleyes.gif
So I just showed up, rode, and left. Now that I'm older, wiser, and have a ton of practical experience caring for horses (big and small
default_wink.png
), I'm ready to welcome a forever big horse in our lives. This is my 3 year old, 16.1h, OTTB Barrick! (Many more pics to come, once he arrives on Saturday
default_smile.png
)

Barrick1.jpg

Beautiful horses!

We have a guest with us right now and her name is trinity. We are fostering her for ACE rescue here in Ohio. With some good feed and TLC I think she will be beautiful. Shes a yearling grade paint filly. Shes blind in one eye and has a stifle injury and needs lots of weight. We are hoping shes not bred.

trinityfront-348x422.jpg

Watching the foals play

trinitywatchingbabies-437x418.jpg

With Kyle

trinity-472x348.jpg

Hi I am new and learning how to do this! I thought this was a fun thread!!! I too have many, way too many big guys!! Here are some pictures (I hope) of my Unicorn hitch of Percheron Geldings. These guys are BIG-the smallest Cong, is 19.375 his older brothers are just over 20 hands I have a feeling he is not done growing yet
default_wacko.png

Ok so I didnt do that right!! Let me try to get one on here without having to use the link.

Boys.JPG

This is Ned

IMG_0199.jpg

This is Tim with one of my 16h morgans across the fence! Sorry I cant make them bigger. Took them with my iPhone.

Tim.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have four big horses, (all now completely owned and dependent by/on me as my parents are divorcing and would have sold them all), all of which I don't know what I'd do without. I love minis but these four hold a special place in my heart.
default_wub.png

Boogie, 26 year old Quarter Horse gelding that I rescued early this spring.

SpiritandBoogie9-1-09046.jpg

Stormy, 9 year old Straight Egyptian Arabian mare that I've had since she was 3 days old. She's been trail ridden alot.

CD2086-1.jpg

Shadow, 6 yr. old Morgan gelding, he's my main trail horse right now and he is a VERY experienced trail horse at that.

Shadow9-8-09027.jpg

Cody, 3 yr. old Paint BS gelding, he'll be one of my main trail horses, I'd also like to do some gaming with him.

KowboyandCodyJuly2009022.jpg

We have 7 big guys. We also have Percherons besides the miniatures.

This is my yearling gelding the picture was taken the night that he was born.

pictures738.jpg

This is our black team of geldings.

pictures376.jpg

One of the mares and her baby.

pictures243-1.jpg

We have 7 big guys. We also have Percherons besides the miniatures.
This is my yearling gelding the picture was taken the night that he was born.

pictures738.jpg

This is our black team of geldings.

pictures376.jpg

One of the mares and her baby.

pictures243-1.jpg
OMG I love that black foal !!!!!

Oh I love those Percherons!! Wow!! I would have more clydes if I could but Barney will have to be the only one for a while. He has to teach me to drive first! lol

I used to have a pastureful of big horses, and a mini for a pet....well, now I only have two big horses, and a pastureful of minis! (well, 5, 2 mini geldings, one black, one grullo, and 3 mini donkeys). The two big ones we have are the two I'm keeping...we've sold the rest through the past few years.

I have Blue, (Forever In Bluejean, 1998 AQHA IBHA NFQHA grulla mare, she's had 3 foals (all grulla), but hasn't been bred for the past few years. And I have my Arabian mare Kissy (TA Kiss Afire), who is 24, who I got when she was just a year and a half old. So we've grown up together, and she'll be here until she takes her last breath.

984c.jpg

9941.jpg

Here are Art and Al reg haflingers. We drive them as team and by themselves.

15541_217066523985_531238985_4228173_3815918_n.jpg

Both are geldings. I have been riding Art a little but they are much better driving.

Art He is the younger of the two He just turned 8 or nine this year.

15541_217066453985_531238985_4228164_1539306_n.jpg

15541_217066503985_531238985_4228172_1262012_n.jpg

I have to find more on Al We also have a grade mare and a shetland pony.

One of first Paso Finos when we where breeding them.

Our daughter now has claimed her.

Melada is now 20 years old and still loves her trail rides.

Few years ago, when my hubby was showing.

GlenandMelada.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat to see all the "big" horses
default_smile.png

I'll start with my first horse, the namesake for my ranch
default_smile.png
Cheyenne Autumn, 16hh 1990 TB gelding. We've done a lot together: dressage, h/j, trail, team sorting, gymkhana, ect. I don't ride him that much now, too busy with the greener horses, but I always love hopping on him now and then
default_smile.png
He's my horsey soul mate, and I've had him since Feb 8, 1997
default_smile.png

cheyshow812-7-8.jpg

chey59-24-9.jpg

Calista (CheyAuts Starlit Firefly) is my 13.3hh 2005 Arabian Pony mare (Arab ponies are pony sized and 25%-100% arab... obviously she's not 100% lol). She is green but a good trail horse. We ride english, have gone to a couple shows. Just started "jumping" (walked and trotted (not even jumped) over two tiny cross rails). I plan to do h/j with her (that's pretty much all we have here in terms of jumping at the more "schooling" type shows, and I just show for fun).

calishow29-12-9.jpg

calista12-30-8.jpg

calitrot106117.jpg

calitrot12sm6117.jpg

Summer (Imagine That) is my 14hh 2001 Welsh Cob/Haflinger mare. She is my future eventer, and she is also an AWESOME trail horse (my hubby, who doesn't know how to ride and is scared to, can ride on trails with her no problem!)

summer306-10-9.jpg

summer616-10-9.jpg

Ren (Renaissance Spring, or JC name Count The Copper) is a 16.1hh 1982 TB gelding. He was my best friend's horse and they did h/j mainly (also trail riding and whatever else Cheyenne and I were trying lol) and he came to live with me when she could no longer keep horses. He's retired, although now and then she takes him on an easy trail ride when she can.

ren45-21-9.jpg

rentrot312-21-7.jpg

More in a minute...

Harley (FanIcons Costa A Plenty) is a 13hh 2004 Fell gelding. I ride and drive him. Mainly trail rides, although plans to teach him to jump, but our main thing is Combined Driving.

harleyadt3210-10-9.jpg

harley293-10-9.jpg

harleysoccer39-26-9.jpg

harleyadt1110-10-9.jpg

harleyshow43-1-9.jpg

River (Mysti River Gold) is a 2008 Welara filly. Her dam is a 15h Arabian mare and her sire is the 13h buckskin Welsh stallion, Rocko's Gold. I've wanted a AHA Half Arab by Rocko and so when I found her I just HAD to have her
default_smile.png
We'll see what the future holds as far as what we'll do, but I'm an english rider so it'll be something english!
default_smile.png

river49-10-9.jpg

river149-24-9.jpg

Maverick (AHR name pending but it's Maximillion something) is a 2008 Haflinger colt. His breeder expects him to mature around 14h. Will likely have him broke to drive and I'll break him to ride. Haffies are hubby's favorite non-mini breed, so maybe he'll ride or drive him? We'll see, right now hubby's comfort doesn't pass 38" haha ;)

maverick99-24-9.jpg

maverick129-24-9.jpg

Harrison Fjord (Karl Johan) is a 2004 Norwegian Fjord gelding. I just got him a couple weeks ago, he's somewhere around 14h but I lost my horse measuring stick
default_sad.png
He rides and drives, but I haven't driven him yet. He's green to ride, so we'll see which direction we go. Trail riding for sure, maybe dressage and/or jumping. And combined driving of course
default_smile.png
I did re-do his mane so the black is longer (he came to me with it even) but these photos are from before I did that.

harrisonfjord1512-16-9.jpg

harrisonfjord312-16-9.jpg

harrisonfjord1812-16-9.jpg

Latest posts

Back