leg protection for hunter and jumper classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I read that now in the new rule book you are allowed to have leg protection not only in jumper but now in hunter. I like this rule but was wondering has anyone seen or used protection in these classes? This is AMHR I am talking about.

I don't know the answer to your question, but think it about time they could. When you think of how high these minis jump for their size, and generally without any real conditioning...I am amazed there are not more lameness issues.

We always put splint boots on our minis when we jumped them in shows. It did state in the old rulebook that they were allowed to have leg protection similar to big horses (for jumper at least). Even at home I wrap their legs with polo wraps. I get a lot of grief from people about it, as I also wrap my horses when they go into the trailer as well. Even though minis are hardy, I still feel like we need to do a little bit of protection. We ask alot of our horses, and I think that they need a little support and protection.

Amanda

Back