Leeanna how did jumping go??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

How did you guys do jumping?? Im dying to know! I hated that we had to leave before you showed in jumping.

That solid brick wall really through all the ponies off. Nearly all the kids in the youth classes, their ponies made it over the solid brick wall. Then in the adult classes, it seemed like only one pony actually would jump it, the rest of us (notice i said, us lol) DQ'd right their. He refused it 3x. The third time he started to jump, was up off his hocks and then went off to the left and around it.

They wouldnt let me use a whip in Adult Hunter, even though in the rulebook it says a whip is permitted and that was our first class so i was hoping i could let him know right off the start that the whip was there.

We DQ'd in Adult Jumper and Adult Hunter, same jump both times. After the class i was taking Royale back to his stall to let him rest before we got on the road and jim and becky mckeith stopped me and asked me why all the horses were having problems with that jump. I think the reason ppl have problems w/ the solid jumps are because no one takes the time at home to set up a solid wall for them to jump, everyone makes the pole jumps and cross rails ext, im guilty of that. Needless to say, we're building a solid wall jump.

Even though he DQ'd i thought it was fun, the same horse won all the jumping classes (youth hunter/jumper and adult hunter/jumper) and it was well deserved.

yes that solid jump really throws the horses. they used to put it in the warm up ring for everyone to practice and I wish they had done that this year. Its no fun to watch all the horses dq so imo its better to put it out and let everyone see it. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the jumps for a national show but hey thats how it goes i guess. Im so glad you did it though and now you know what to expect next time. You had him looking really good and you looked great in the ring! You should be really proud of how you guys did. Its a ton of work just to get to congress so I think you guys are wonderful :bgrin

Latest posts

Back