Leather barn halters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any leads on where I can find some really nice leather barn halters - stiched w/brass rings, etc, similar to what is available for large horses?

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but Ozark has some under show halters, performance, without the silver. We use these for extra halters on the trailer and for some performance classes where our pintos don't need extra bling!

http://www.minitack.com/lll1003.htm

I think Arion Management sells really nice ones. They always had them hanging in the horse cemetary where some of the greats are buried. Most of the mini tack places have them, I got some from Double Diamond a couple of years ago. You might also try Jeffers Equine Supply. Ebay?

We have always bought leather full size horse halters

at our local tack shop. We found the suckling size fits the smaller adult minis and weanling size is great for a little larger we alway get them with adjustable nose band. Our tack shop always carries exactly what we like and at a pretty reasonable price. I haven't found miniature ones it seems from a picture that I would like, but we have used the suckling & weanling size for quite a few years now. Maybe your tack shop would let you try a couple for size and return if you don't want them

I have them with stainless steel rings and buckles. Made of "granite"(looks like leather)which you just wipe to clean.

They are pictured on our web site. I had them made by a local harness maker.

Contact John Eberth at Arion Management. He sells beautiful Amish made mini leather halters with options name plates. They are beautiful and very reasonable for the quality. I think there may still even be a page to order on their website.

I have some very nice large horse suckling halters that fit miniature horses... not mini horse foals. They are made by 'Gadspy" I think.

Stacy, Mini Express has the nicest ones I've seen for minis - very refined, stitched with brass fittings and leads to match. They come in 3 sizes and I think they were about $30 or $40.

Jan

Latest posts

Back