Learning to drive DVDs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinacvt

Reaction score
Joanne Ross or Patty Cloke? I have never driven before but have trained big horses to ride.

I unfortunately have not gotten to review the DVD's by Joanne Ross but I have seen the Patty Cloke ones. I think it really depends on what you are planning on using your horse for. If you want to compete in AMHA/AMHR shows then use the Patty Cloke videos. If you want to produce a safe driving horse for going down the road or doing carriage driving competitions then I'd pick up Clay Maier's "Training Your Horse to Drive" DVD set. There really is quite a difference in approach depending on what you're training for.

Leia

Edited to add: Of course, that's for training your HORSE to drive. If you need to learn to drive, go get some lessons! There is absolutely no substitute for learning under an experienced driver. Remember that green plus green equals black and blue...you have to know what you're doing before you can teach the horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a similar question a while back and decided to go with Patty Cloke. EXCELLENT videos!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I got the 3 DVD set and a couple others. She is easy to understand, shows everything she's talking about and was very informative. I haven't seen the Joanne Ross vids, so she might be just as good, but I consider the Patty Cloke vids "money well spent". I've trained big horses to lunge, work in the round pen and to ride, and the basics of roundpenning and lunging seem to be the same. I would also recommend you getting her beginning driver DVD as that one really helps before you find a trainer to work with. Good Luck!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back