Learning the hard way

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no Lisa, I am so very sorry. What a terrible loss for you.
default_no.gif

So sorry, glad you found the reason for their deaths. Who would of thought.

We moved our cherry tree from the paddock where our horses where, but it did not survive, and so glad we did, but did not know for years later that tree was toxic.

Moving, the wild cherry tree did not survive, which is good because the leaves could have blown into their area?

Thanks for sharing

What a terrible thing to have happen. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for warning the rest of us. I know it must have been hard for you to write about this.

Oh I am so sorry for your losses. This has been so hard on you, I know you are devastated over your mares!I think it was very good of you to post this here though as someone will benefit from it. Even a limb that falls down in to your pasture from a wild cherry tree can cause death, blindness, etc. from the horses eating the wilted leaves too.

Its terrible what it can do to them. Maybe everyone will keep a closer eye on their pastures or get rid of the wild cherry trees. Laura

Wait, so is it only wild cherry trees? Or both? Or is there not a difference lol.
default_smile.png
Sorry kinda confused here lol.

What a heartbreaking event! I am so sorry for you! Sending big hugs your way.
default_crybaby.gif

I am so sorry! Thank you for posting, like many others here I had no idea that cherry was toxic to horses. In fact if asked I would has supposed they would be fine other than perhaps tasting good so the horses would damage them. I am an avid gardener and had considered an ornamental cherry for my yard but I think I will pass them up for another tree with less risk to my horses.

I'm so sorry! How devastating.... Thank you for posting so the information can be shared.

I am so sorry for your loss and the heartbreak you are feeling. {{{Hugs}}}

Thank you for your post I am sure the information will help someone. I am so very sorry for your loss.

[SIZE=12pt]OMG I am so sorry
default_no.gif
Who'd have thought that was dangerous
default_no.gif
Thank you so much for sharing.[/SIZE]

Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way
default_pray.gif

Joy

I'm so very sorry for your losses. What a painful and heartbreaking ordeal. Thank you so much for sharing so that others can be educated. I, too, had no idea that cherry trees were toxic. They don't really grow here but it's good to know anyways. Sending you healing thoughts and condolences.

Oh my, I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. Truly a hard way to learn......
default_no.gif

Jan

Lisa, there are no words to tell you how sick at heart I am that you lost your 4 precious mares. I'm so sorry!! What a horrible accident! {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Glad to see you replied Laura. Most Kentuckians know all about the wild cherry trees because they grow so well there, and get planted by birds in all fence lines, and etc. It's a terrible loss to lose 4 at once like that. So sorry for you.

OMG, so sorry to hear of your devastating loss.
default_no.gif
Thank you for posting, though, which will benefit everyone on here.

We all do our best to take care of our horses...and sometimes really bad things happen even though we try to so hard to prevent them. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that...but there's comfort in the fact that you've informed others and hopefully it will prevent this from happening to anyone else.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you in your time of distress and need.

Latest posts

Back