l'd like to see your

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy

Reaction score
my biggest interest is the roadster class not pleasure though l haven't seen a lot of horses that actually have the stride for roadster. l watched one class that looked like it was in slow motion it was amusing to say the least. what in your opinion makes a roadster horse outstanding and does anyone have any pictures they could post in this class. thanks l hope someone posts this is a pet project for me and l'd love to gather as much information on the subject as possible.

Roadster isn't usually a very large class for minis because of the "specialty stuff" you need... roadster bike/enclosed wheels and then racing silks. I had a lot of fun this year driving my gelding "Buck Ons Jedi Knight Star" at Nationals (and we placed out of over 30 horses in Ladies!) but honestly he's not a true Roadster type horse... kinda lazy and doesn't have a huge stride like you said.

Here he is, unfortunately at the jog trot and not at the extension... for some reason Jack got only pictures of this exact same place in his trot in EVERY picture...

jediroadster.jpg

My stallion "Graham's The Big Picture" I am just now starting to drive... I am MOST excited about Roadster with him because he prefers to trot over canter and he truly FLIES at the trot. Hopefully he will do me some good in Roadster this year when I get him going!

86820386807_0_ALB.jpg

69185449807_0_ALB.jpg

89185449807_0_ALB.jpg

10285449807_0_ALB.jpg

My daughter loves roadster but her present driving mare doesn't have the speed or reach to do well in it but she still does it regardless it's one of her favorite classes. She also enjoys barrels and thats one thing they never practice but do well in. l agree a lot of the minis look like they are to slow in a roadster class.
biggrin.gif

dotcom2.jpg

Here is my Roadster machine, should Hall of Fame in Roadster EARLY next year...........already is a MULTIPLE National Top Five Roadster Horses..........

Buckeye WCF Right on Target at the beginning of the year (not the best, had a martingale break in the warmup arena)

targetroad.jpg

This is one of the latter shows..........looking better..............

targetwallawalla2.jpg

this is ERMF Special FX aka Shadow. Roadster is a blast. Shadow is like a sports

car with plenty of speed and manuverability. He won amateur roadster at AMHR

nationals 2 years in a row. In the picture I am holding him back because we are

supposed to be jogging. I'm having difficulty posting pictures but try this;

http://photobucket.com/albums/c82/LindaBes...dowroadster.jpg

Linda B
wub.gif

Billyroadsterreduced.jpg

Here is our Billy, we love this guy, He Hall of Famed in "open pleasure" in 2003, got enough "grands and points" to do it again in 2004 and while he did that he Hall of Famed in Roadster in 2004.

This is not the best picture but a moment to remember. Noel hadn't driven him roadster much before, but we had a chance so off he went. He did great and finished the grands he needed for his Hall of Fame with Noel driving and in "roadster silks" I put together "quick" from a couple of "windbreakers" from a thrift store.

We couldn't believe it, they had a great time!

Though I will say that Billy decided he loved roadster more than open pleasure and needed to be persuaded to slow down and "collect" a bit again if he was asked to drive open pleasure right after he learned the difference.

He didn't need any encouragement to "turn it on" he learned after the first two times out what the announcer was saying!!

This is my roadster girl JJ Hotshot Keep Me Klose. Roadster and Liberty are her favorites and loves to move out. I think the best roadster horses are the ones that just love to move and show off. She is top 10 in open roadster under in 2005.

It is always the one class that her and I are smiling at the end whether we win or not as it is so much fun!

keeperroadster2005.jpg

is there a pattern for making silks out there?

Anyone have a roadster cart they wanna sell/trade??
biggrin.gif

I havn't personnaly shown this guy myself, I just bought him in Oct. But he was 2003 Reserve National Champion in Roadster over, and National Champion Ladies Roadster over. The thing that makes him special I think is he really loves what he does, and NEVER breakes...he just goes faster and faster.

Here is an action shot, not the best but..

Liberachicooltrot.jpg

I havn't personnaly shown this guy myself, I just bought him in Oct. But he was 2003 Reserve National Champion in Roadster over, and National Champion Ladies Roadster over. The thing that makes him special I think is he really loves what he does, and NEVER breakes...he just goes faster and faster.

Here is an action shot, not the best but..

Liberachicooltrot.jpg

Region1.jpg

This is my husbands driving horse DCF Limericky that was inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2005 in Roadster and he needs 3 more Stakes for Hall of Fame in Pleasure driving in 2006. My husband loves the Roadster class better than pleasure due to the speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my daughter Samantha with Phantom. she is ten years old and wanted to do roadster all year but didn't have the clothes to wear and I was also nervous about her doing the class because none of the local shows we went to offered youth roadster so she would have had to compete in open. She had two lesssons in "roadster driving" the week before we left for Nationals and she was Reserve National Champion in Youth Roadster Under. I still can't believe it, her first time in roadster. She was so thrilled.

For those looking for roadster silks, we talked to our local race track in Minnesota (Canterbury Downs) and they GAVE us several used jockey silks for FREE that they had laying around.

Then we went to the local tack shop and got a helmet cover for $18 that stretched over her plain black riding helmet and matched the silks she liked best and she wore black riding pants and black riding boats that she already had at home so her whole roadster ensemble cost less than $20. We might get an outfit made for her for next year, but this one did worked out fine for her, and she thought it was cool that she was wearing silks a jockey had worn at the track. Shows you just how small the jockeys are though! She is very thin and small for her age - weighs about 65lbs. The top was a little long, but not that big for her.

SamanthainRoadsterClass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rd04-11-19.jpg

This is Image, he loves to go fast. We were just warming up at this show when Jenn got this picture. Actually, I scratched him from his classes this day, he was lame
no.gif

He's kind of a cripple now, but he's an AMHA Superior Event Horse in Open Roadster and has won Canadian National Roadster Horse five times.

OK, Now i understand the stirrup part of the sulkies - I was driving Appy today and we got to going so fast that I had to brace my feet up on the dash of the easy-entry cart! I need a sulky!
biggrin.gif

(Andrea - the sulky you told me about sold that day before I called! Thanks for the tip anyway!)

Latest posts

Back