Last foal of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlh

Reaction score
MVC-015S.jpg_fl.jpg

Bella, the last mare this year to foal, and one of the reasons we were not able to leave town to go to a horse show over Memorial day weekend, finally got down to business this morning.

If we hadn't decided to stay home to watch her, we would have been in real trouble, it took both of us, he presented with one front leg bent double and then hip-locked.

His momma was our first 4-th generation baby, and he is our first fifth generation baby. I think I'm getting too old for this.

Malvolio and MayDay, to Miranda, to Betty, to Belladunna to Artie.

MVC-027S.jpg_tn.jpg

Momma is a grulla pinto, daddy is Andy, our silver dapple pintoloosa.

MVC-026S.jpg_fl.jpg

He's got a pin stripe down his back, and hooves more white than black, but no discernable white marking.

I think he may be a silver-diluted black dun. His eyes are blue-grey.

MVC-025S.jpg_tn.jpg

Congrats :aktion033: I know what you mean about missing shows for these preg. mares
default_rolleyes.gif
: But it's well worth it in the end, a life is more important than a show IMO. Glad everything went well in the long run. He sure is a cutie!
default_wub.png
: ~Jessica

I think you are absolutely CORRECT in your thinking he is a silver grulla! PRETTY boy, congratulations!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your cute boy! I'm glad you were there to help her and save him.

Congrats :aktion033: he's a pretty boy! Glad you were home to help with the birth. Your a good mommy
default_yes.gif
: Joyce

thanks guys

Bella is one of my all time favorite horses, and I don't think my nerves will be up to going through that again.

this was her first, and she's 6 years old, and never met a meal she couldn't get to first.

the real credit for the save goes to David. he decided we couldn't leave her alone, and we were going to take shifts. He hadn't been at work but about half an hour when she went into labor, and I think he made a record trip home.

I told pretty much the whole story on my blog at

http://wynnsfolly.livejournal.com/

and more pictures are at

http://wynnsfollymini.myhosting.net/albums...als/index11.htm

his legs are real wicky, we had backed off the supplement after the other mares foaled, and I think I'll have the vet give him a selenium shot tomorrow, when she comes out to check the mare. I am nervous about her as well, of course.

the picture of him sleeping with his legs all crossed must be an indication of how he was situated in utero.

Congratulations on your new colt, he is very handsome
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

What a cutie!!!!! So glad u could save him :aktion033:
default_rolleyes.gif
: He i a beauty!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back