Last 2011 Foal for Crayonbox!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
Announcement was delayed because he was born in a rain storm, it rained all day yesterday...finally seeing sunshine today and could take some photos!

I was so anxious going into the last foaling of the year, I knew Spring was starting something Monday night so I put the foaling alarm on just to be safe. She had me up quite a few times, and the lack of sleep combined with getting over a repiratory virus didn't put me in a good place. I was reliving the horrible start to my foaling season and loss of Frosty Chip all over again, and Spring is so special to me that I was a wreck!
default_ohnoes.jpg

But Spring didn't let me down, she never has! She progressed all through the day (Tuesday), getting more milk, moving right along on the milk test squares and was dripping milk by 10pm. Not long after she was up and down, my sister and I were laughing that she was trying to "fake me out" because I would jump up from the sofa ready to run to the barn, just to have her get up and walk over to eat hay. I finally said enough, knew she was very close so I went out to wrap her tail. Around 10:30 she was down and pushing, and that foal came right out in under 10 minutes! I think the quick birth was a bit of a shock to him, it took him awhile to get up on his feet. The thing I love best about Spring, she knows her job, in the photo of him nursing, he wasn't even walking yet, just finally got coordinated enough to stand, and she will position herself just right to get them nursing! He is a dainty little boy 21-22" withers with 6" cannon bone, all my foal blankets were too big for him and I used a dog blanket I bought this year. Not the filly I was hoping for, but I'll take him. He is soo very sweet, but has attitude too.
default_wub.png

Sorry to write so much, but I am so relieved to have the last foal here and all is well! His sire is owned by Julie Good, WF Zeus Noble Cause, son of Little Kings Buck Zeus.

Finally here is "Crayonbox Cause For Applause" (still working on a barn name)

Spring.colt2.4-12-11-458x342.jpg

Spr.colt.1.4-14-11-452x321.jpg

Spr.colt.run1.4-14-11.jpg

Spr.colt.hd.1.4-14-11-248x335.jpg

He is such a beauty, Kim, and stands so proud
default_smile.png

What a gorgeous little head!
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Congrats on your new baby and so glad all went well!

What a little sweetheart

It is a relief for all the foals to arrive ..no more worry or sleepless nights

We didn't breed any mares for this season so I'm just sitting back enjoying all of yours

I so happy to hear this news!!!! Congrats! He is so beautiful!
wub.gif

Wow!!! He is stunning!! Congrats!!!! He is just too cool, with his "show me" attitude!!

Congrats and good night
default_wink.png

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah You had such a rough start to foaling season, glad to see it turned around for you!!
default_smile.png

CONGRATULATIONS, Kim! What a handsome boy he is!
default_wub.png
Glad to hear that you are done for the season now and are able to get some rest! My foaling season didn't even started yet...but soon.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations Kim! Such a pretty head and uprigt neck. A doll for sure.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back