Lady contacted me about a couple of mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne

Reaction score
I was called today by a lady in Wisconsin who has two mares that she "rescued" last November from a bad situation.

They have gotten good care from her the way it sounds. Their feet are good, worming brought up , vacc done and they have current coggins.

She has and shows Fjords, and works and does not have the time to continue with them.

She is insising that they go together.

They did not have much early training and can be a bit difficult to catch. (grain helps) The 36 in mare per her vet is 6 - 7 , Molly and the 38 inch mare is 5 - 6 years Sadie.

She says Molly can be a witchy when she's in heat. She has them currently on a drylot.

She promised to send me pictures but describes them as white with a small bit of grey coloring.

She said the pictures she has currently are from last Nov when she took them in and are quite shaggy and hairy.

She says their coat condition has improved a lot, I encouraged her to take current pictures but am unsure if she will.

She was ok giving them to a good home if they could be kept together.

I just wondered if Chances might have a place for these two girls.

I know they would need some hands on work just from the description but she seems to have done well so far.

She simply can't keep doing so it seems.

There are a few local internet boards that I could try to help her find them a home but locally it seems anyone who owns a mare will breed it like crazy whether they should be bred or not and sell the babies for $100 or so. It's creating a bad situation here, so I thought I would ask if there is any help out there in the area.

If my barn wasn't full I would take them for a while but it wouldn't work here for me.

email me at

[email protected]

if there might be a "Chance" for helping these girls.

This lady is looking at show season for her Fjords and wants to be done with the minis. I don't know how long she feels she would wait for them to be gone.

She said an Amishman was interested but she didn't want to let them go that way.

I will try the Chances site also and see if I can get a response.

Anne

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sent pictures of these two girls to the MN state coordinator.

They are in pretty good condition this woman has done a good job with them, if anything they are carrying a bit more weight than needed but so are a lot of minis out there.

They are both grey mares (perhaps flea bitten greys)

current on hoof care, vacc and coggins.

This lady will insist that these girls get to stay together.

Hopefully there will be a home for them.

She is very open to Chances giving her a call.

Anne

Latest posts

Back